best tricks

when doing AGS if you dont have a pen, place your rare earth magnet bubble on the standard with double on top measure to your double (usaully42.5inchfrom bolt 2bolt)and use your bubble to hold the double in place while you casually put away your fat max tape and whip out your hilti impact wrench to secure the fitting then place another double underneath secure that repeat process.

To be the first to climb on a big job when it has to be stripped but stop at the first lift for the hand ball so others have to climb over you to strip it

use a timber pinch rod between your ledgers all the way up. you only need to level your outside standards and your toe board always sits on the trannies, between the boards and the standards. no need for the f*****g extra 5ft tubes, hanging from the handrails, to catch your toeboards. a personnal hate of mine just behind brickguards.

That to mark 4 boards out with your level, from your inside standard to the center of your outside standard leaves a perfect gap for your 4 boards and your toe boards. RAF I know ha ha ha

use a timber pinch rod between your ledgers all the way up. you only need to level your outside standards and your toe board always sits on the trannies, between the boards and the standards. no need for the f*****g extra 5ft tubes, hanging from the handrails, to catch your toeboards. a personnal hate of mine just behind brickguards.

Timber pinch rod lol,never realised it had a name,used to use that method 15-20 years back on them big old factory units we used to get[on price],used to make fer a near perfect straight scaffold.never seem to get more than 60ft straight runs before a dozen fecin returns nowadays.

you can actually put 6.5 tonne of gear on a 7.5 tonne waggon, ha ha ha ha

Always keep a roll of ****** debris netting handy to throw on top of dozens of brickgaurds you've thrown in the skip so as not to upset boss men on site visit.then top up with usual ***** left on working lifts.

using a marking stick must be one of my all time favourites in my short time on the tools. fast, saves levelling both ledgers, handrails and it can be marked to any height so can be used time and time again..
another would be lightline instead rope and wheel. its another real fast method but for striking :)

learning not to charge mobile up from wednesday night,so it will be flat by 3oclock friday afternoon.

here g scaff can you explain this in more detail you have lost me with the timber pinch rod lol

having an old mattress or a ton of sand handy for the bombing----obviously before it was made illegal.
always top out the inside so you can push the 21 against the wall,feck yer pal he can get the outsie and struggle.
after getting a start as a young grunny/labourer with a car after gaining the gaffers respect through your work ethic,tell him youve lost your licence or at the very least car is scrapped and let some other daftcant drive about picking the troops up ;)

Ally 13ft tube with t bar on clip at bottom to roll out ****** twatty w*nk whoeverinventedtheshitneedsfuckingwithabat monaflex from the lift above over the handrail,,,,,,and someone with fingers like gary glitter to punch the toggles through!

Blagging going to a meeting while lads load job out.... especially good on a high roof job....

bumming yourself up on the internet when youve never done anything other than load up wagons in a yard.;)

Top Bottom