ban impact wrenches

I take it that is different numbers than the ones I gave you Paddy?

Feck the noise Phillios, it beats busting the wrist any day of the week but you don't want the whole squad with them. 3 man gang 1 wrench.

Alistair,do these things increase production?

and would you recoup your initial outlay,with increased productivity?simple questions,but ones i'm struggling to get answers to,lol:unsure:

I certainly do, especially when you figure out how to use them. Send the wrench man ahead and the boy's are just picking the gear up and passing it down, fast as feck. That's on a strike, a bit more complicated on a build but once you suss out a system you are away, honestly Phil, these things are the future.

---------- Post added at 06:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 PM ----------

BF, I did answer it on whatever thread you asked it, might have been a bit slow as it was directed at SP. Of course it ups production and my 2 have already paid for themselves, it's simple they are fast.

Thanks pal,i missed that one,i cant even remember what thread it was on,but if you fella's rate them so highly then maybe it's time to try them:cool:

I can't remember either.:embarrest:

Kind of why I decided to try them, I think RV was the first man I saw with one then I would say the fact Paddy got one and liked it meant it had to be advantageous. PW was spot on when he said it was more for the older scaff to help with aches and pains but the younguns will have to think about it at some point. I think you can hire them from hilti for a couple of quid a week.

if u wanna try before you buy talk to hilti cos they're now doin them on a 3yr contract hire around £4perwk any faults and exchange available might suit the Kn brigade as unlike the maks they have torque setting so could be argued as a fit for purpose tool - although tbh think they all fit for purose as they all desighned to do up nuts & bolts :))

got mine at xmas , new hilti design ... fantastic bit of kit !! been scaffolding 25 years have few aches and pains well did have .. pain in shoulder gone now and wrist feels like new again .. would highly recommend to anyone , once your used to the slightly different working procedure they are as fast as **** its quite pleasant standing back and watching them with swing over spanners wrenching there bolts up when you can just press a button and be done with it .. you do get the youngsters obviously mocking them sometimes because they dont mind getting knackered arms for no reason probably makes them feel tough or something but in reality youll be scaffing alot longer with a wrench than a swing over , and if on price bringing home more bucks ..
these are for sure the future !!

Any one got the web addy to rent them iof yopu can of is it you much rent a minimum of x to beable to rent fancey featching cumbria in form the col;d but not at that cost if i dont like them lol

Any one got the web addy to rent them iof yopu can of is it you much rent a minimum of x to beable to rent fancey featching cumbria in form the col;d but not at that cost if i dont like them lol

you wont give it back once you have tried them, dont forget your "big lugg" hook to carry it on and your long socket

g-scaff , i,v not used the big lugg myself i just use the makita drill frog which is a little cumbersome when climbing to be honest are the big lugg a better option . i see there are 2 designs a big lugg hook design and a big lugg ball and socket ( ball attached to drill and socket on belt ) .. are these safe enough whilst climbing about ? which do most people use ?

scaff1989 if you go to hilti webpage and ring them up they can sort rental .

g-scaff , i,v not used the big lugg myself i just use the makita drill frog which is a little cumbersome when climbing to be honest are the big lugg a better option . i see there are 2 designs a big lugg hook design and a big lugg ball and socket ( ball attached to drill and socket on belt ) .. are these safe enough whilst climbing about ? which do most people use ?

scaff1989 if you go to hilti webpage and ring them up they can sort rental .

tried them all and by far the most comfortable is the hook, will not fall off as it somehow always seems to want to point downwards

tried them all and by far the most comfortable is the hook, will not fall off as it somehow always seems to want to point downwards

I personally prefer the ball and socket option , but , the hook is also better than any pouch i`ve seen .

I have had no problems with it dislodging from the socket and feel comfortable taking it out on beams above glass etc. It has fallen out once in the 12 months i have used the bigg lugg and that was stepping over a water trough ...... luckily it hit the steel lip and bounced outwards :)

how well do the wrenches fare in in wet conditions , was pissing down with rain the other day any didnt know whether to continue with it or use my swing over (which i try and avoid these days) incase water got into it and it stopped working .. i continued with it and it seemed ok but has anyone had any issues with rain and drills breaking ?

I reckon I work in just about the wettest climate in Britain, I was concerned after a comment on here once but not anymore. Never had a problem in the rain.

This is boll#cks! i,ve had a spanner for 30 fucki#g years and not once have I spotted a torque meter on it !!:(

Maybe not but I bet after turning a spanner for 30 years there is not much left of your wrist? Bluesy, if your still turning the spanner after that time you should really get a shot of one of these infernal machines. They are quite noisy but they are the fastest by a long way and no effort. That's got to be worth looking at.:idea:

i am currently using the makita hex impact socket which is 52mm long .. so much better than the usual long standard impact sockets on the market .. easier to get into tight spaces .. would really like ideally a bi-hex socket of same length though .. anyone know where i can get one ? or something of similar 52mm length .. no shorter though as wont fit bolt ...

Top Bottom