Are you going to work tomorrow?

Well, that will do me. Cleared a bit of snow from the yard, tipped the wee truck with the gear from the job yesterday and sent the boy's home. I also went to check a job that is ready to be struck as the client reckoned they had cleaned the snow from it as they are desperate to get on with ground work but the snow is thick round about the whole site and who knows what holes and traps it's covering. I then went to check another job a couple of miles away which is also ready to be struck, boards missing base lift ripped out and again site entrance blocked with compacted snow almost like ice. The builder was standing there arm in a sling, he fell from the top roof truss and landed about twenty foot to the deck. Nothing to do with snow or our scaffold, more to do with the lack of scaffold inside the building and a bit of common sense. Anyway it just confirmed what I already knew, no one should be working in these conditions. I think I'll go and put the kettle on and watch murder she wrote.:cool:

We just have to phone in this week, we will be paid 39hrs flat, however, if it,s not gone by Monday, Temp laid off, and sign on malarkey:eek: OOps better go and phone in;)

I think we will just have to take it day by day Paddy and assess each individual job as they come up. As I explained to the boy's this morning, it's easy to cover them for a few day's due to the graft and hours they have put in recently, but as each day passes the pressure to go out and deal with these conditions will no doubt mount and we are back to the cost versus risk again. Depending on who you listen to it will either be -20 here by the end of the week or +2 and starting to thaw, lets hope it's the latter.

We have had a initial forecast, that the Thaw will start by Friday. It is currently 1+ here now, which is nearly a summer day. Every time i dig the Car out, and, clean the Paths, it Snows again:mad: However, as you have stated, the Temp is supposed to rapidly drop from tonight.:rolleyes:

had everyone turn in but theres mega problems with the roads around here and got blokes stuck mid route between here and site

I think gritters are snowed in here. Absolute chaos in Sheffield!

Ive been called into work tomorrow, for H&S work:wondering: better than signing on i suppose, but if they think i am going any higher than the 2 pairs of socks i will be wearing, they better think again;)

The sun is splitting the sky here now, although only now getting above freezing. I was hoping to get the boy's grafting tomorrow, it's too cold for the fitting shed and they will think I'm going soft if they get another day off.:eek:

Not too shambolic in central London - Just wet and cold.

Gonna be a nightmare for a lot of people to get home to the burbs though.

All the snow will freeze tonight causing even more chaos tomorrow, so I'm looking forward to tossing it off at home for a couple of days :cool:

i have been proper lucky then

just started on a firm and he gave us a massive bird cage to and the best bit is its all inside

normally im the one who misses that sort of thing and end up at home

Top Bottom