Are you going to work tomorrow?

aom

Reaction score
I think I'll sit in the house tomorrow, what about the rest of you?

Attachments

• 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 27
  • 019.JPG
    019.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 25
  • 021.JPG
    021.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 23
We got an indoor job and most of the snow has gone.

I think I'll sit in the house tomorrow, what about the rest of you?

Going tomorrow, to get 'Cabinned up' for a week, then 'Temp lay off' JSA beckons, timing couldnt be better. Why wasnt Jesus born in August. LOL :D

---------- Post added at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 PM ----------

Grafted in all that **** for 40 hrs last week, now they are going to l;ay us off.:mad:

Nightmare Paddy, I knew it was bad down your way. The boy's that work for me will get paid but it will be bare hours. I just feel it's not worth the risk even trying to get to work in these conditions, one boy drives over 40 mile to get to the yard over hill and dale so if the sharp turns don't get him the deer on the road would.:eek:

my lord aom what a considerate employer you are,suns spliting the sky in sunny greenwhich at the moment no sign of the white stuff.....yet.

This just arrived this morning, went out shovelled the drive clear now it's just as bad.:eek: Last thing I need is for this to freeze and we will be frozen in like Scott of the Antarctic.

I was in London over the weekend, surprising how cold it was down there, not that much different from up here in fact now we have the nice white blanket it will get quite balmy up here.:cool:

i tried to tell them london lads that the temp in sweaty land would be much the same as here,i turned round and they had all run off to the howff.its been bitter here too.

No luck swifty, -8 when we got back home. Suppose that means another year without the heating allowance.:(

Not too bad here just so bloody cold. Have now got new socks, a rushkie hat with ear flaps and a nice snood for my neck. Just get a few layers on with thermals top and bottom and sorted.

Took a bunglaow down Saturday in the snow one minute then all of a sudden the sun was out.

Love the frost and sun really its just the white stuff is a real pain

Went to dig the car out again at 9.30 this morning, Feck it, i built a snowman for my Grandkids instead. Its got a hard hat on, and my Hi-Viz vest, and the kids love it:love: However, reality check at 5.30am Monday:eek:

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------

4" Thurs, more on Fri 4" Sat not too bad 2" Sun its on its way again, Hate the white stuff, the only pleasure being is my garden looks as good as everybodies else.;)

By my calculations Paddy that leaves around 4" of the Newcastle brown can still visible. (probably from space):D

Not the dreaded long john's, got to be honest, I'd rather freeze to death than wear that lot.:eek: Also the jumper may be a bit drastic, the snow is already on the ground but in my head winter still doesn't officially start till January and ends around March. The things we do to get through a winter.:amuse:

Tube strike in London tomorrow.

If it snows as well there will be complete and utter chaos :amuse:

Actually, thinking about it, there will be complete and utter chaos anyway....

Last edited:
I got the tube from terminal 5 on Thursday. Now I know how the beasts feel when being transported on the back of a truck reeking of pish. I was surrounded by people each one of them an expert at avoiding eye contact, the last time I had seen that many people crowded into a small space without a word said was at an Aberdeen game.

sardines mate,cooked sardines with the heat too.best way of getting round town though.as phil said chaos tmorrow,busses be busy lol.

Went back from Paddington using the Heathrow express, now that is the best way to move around.

Top Bottom