Another tube in double bay sways?

Alrite Ax, On the point of Leg.brasing,worked out 60d on 5 board platform As the working lift(Height) is what it is,the narrower the width the steeper the brace.Is there a point where its inneffective?

The ledger braces are nearer 60 degs just because that's the angle made where they fit. Care needs to be taken were the scaffold is narrower than 'normal' or the lift bigger than 'normal' because the brace will become too steep but that would be a design anyway.

You are right with your conclusion that the flatter the stronger for sway and ledger braces.

Every day is a school day AxSD, I didn't know that. Just goes to show because we are used to seeing or doing something a certain way doesn't make it right.

Alrite Ax, On the point of Leg.brasing,worked out 60d on 5 board platform As the working lift(Height) is what it is,the narrower the width the steeper the brace.Is there a point where its inneffective?

There's no real figure here, it's by design, the steeper, the less load it will resist.

You might notice with "dolly" towers or narrow scaffolds that sometimes extra lifts are added in the design...this will be to make the brace angle flatter...

Personally would not go above 75degs but like i said a design check is necessary...

Most Ledger bracing now fits between 57 & 63 degs as a result of the scaffold size ie between 1&1.3m wide by a 2m lift.
I think the 55deg is a throw back to the olf 4ft by 6ft lift days which would give you the 55deg mentioned (there or there abouts)

Still seems strange to a scaffs eye, I said a scaffs eye.:suspicious:

the tg20 insists that the tube is stopping people walking into it or tripping over it,i have been on sites were they have insisted on the kicker lift to be handrailed for the same reason

the tg20 insists that the tube is stopping people walking into it or tripping over it,i have been on sites were they have insisted on the kicker lift to be handrailed for the same reason

Everything gets handrailed now that I know of, kickers only a few inches off the ground must be handrailed because of that nice grey area in the WAHR.

Top Bottom