Animals/double enders

I think double double takes that last bit of movement out than the swivel swivel.

Theres always a bit of play in the swiv but on price or monoflexing swivs give you quicker and better adjustment especially if its sheeted inside and out and you dont have perfectly cut tube ;)

the amount of weight transferd into ledger bracing is not really the issue ,i was taught ledger bracing was all about restraining 2node points as apposed to a spur on a cantilever which is all about transfering weight.that was my understanding anyway.if anyone has any more detail on this issue i would be interested to hear it.u never stop learning in this game..

I mate readylock transoms ie double arms animals and all the other various names they have are a design going back years they are whats known as a self levelling system on standards they never use to have ledger bracing but now my good man they do under tg20.08 all scaffolds must have ledger bracing you still see loads of jobs without them but it is now required had a load of problems with various site agents who read what they know from a small hand book all I can say this argument will go on for ever and a day and just gave it up as a lost cause, just to keep them off my back I fixed them in but I must admit when there is ledger bracing in it does create a stronger scaffolding best thing mate is always cover your rear with elf an safety all over us scaffs they will never leave us alone so to avoid any problems and stay clear of any fines I would fix em

That makes sense with the node points. Until I see written proof that they aren't required il always put em in

I mate you can always google scaffolding components ie readylock transoms and this will give you some advice or you could always contact DSL hire an sales and ask them for information on the terminology for ready locks its all there mucker just cover your back always scc

---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 PM ----------

hello mate just gone through research on readylocks they wasn't covered under tg20 but they may be now, but nasc recommend if you use them they must be ledger braced swivel to dub or dub to dub,if you erect a scaffolding without them you have to have a drawing glad I could help all the best scc

Thays what weve done. The designer has omitted ledger bracing but has incorporated pkan bracing through all lifts. But agsin as mentioned before, its been designed that way.

the amount of weight transferd into ledger bracing is not really the issue ,i was taught ledger bracing was all about restraining 2node points as apposed to a spur on a cantilever which is all about transfering weight.that was my understanding anyway.if anyone has any more detail on this issue i would be interested to hear it.u never stop learning in this game..

Morning Damo,
you are correct about restraining the two node points but what you are restraining is the force (Load) required to move those node points.
All members within the scaffold frame are there to accommodate a load of some description.
regards
Alan

There is a small section in TG20 volume 1 section 17.2.2 that states that readylocks/dogbones can be used as a swap for right angled couplers but the tying and bracing pattern must still be adhered to .Otherwise design will be required.

Top Bottom