Animals/double enders

benjo0211

Reaction score
Does anyone have any proof from the manufacturers that you don't need ledger to ledger bracing when using animals/double enders because I'm sick of arguing with people who don't use braces

Some say you do some say you don't buy I've never seen proof that you can leave the braces out

Iam pretty sure you need braces on these i personally never used to put them in though.

Weve heard that you no longer need bracing when using fixed end trsnsums. But again it comes down to design and ties. Weve just completed a job in worcester for thomas vale using the fixed end transums with no ledger bracing, and was every lift boarded.
I will double check tommorow cos i would be intresting to find out for sure.

I've always been told to put braces in so that's what I do, I also got told to turn a double upside down on puncheons and spare backs but I recently got told that it doesn't matter. I'd just like to see proof me then it can put an end to pointless arguments

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

Even with ties I can't see why you would leave them out.

used them on n26 an there was no bracing and that as a design job was tied in of course but no ledger bracing that the only time av ued them ina design job just depened on what the customer asked for it if it was street job hardley ever went in to them. site depended on weather it was to be inspected y there saftey fella. plus there fkeign rapid and with out braces even faster

used them on n26 an there was no bracing and that as a design job was tied in of course but no ledger bracing that the only time av ued them ina design job just depened on what the customer asked for it if it was street job hardley ever went in to them. site depended on weather it was to be inspected y there saftey fella. plus there fkeign rapid and with out braces even faster

Must be good if it makes you rapid Yorkshire ripper

I've always been told to put braces in so that's what I do, I also got told to turn a double upside down on puncheons and spare backs but I recently got told that it doesn't matter. I'd just like to see proof me then it can put an end to pointless arguments

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

Even with ties I can't see why you would leave them out.

arnt ledger braces there to plumb the standards ? easy fix plumb the standards any how ;)

We have never used them so I didn't pay that close attention but is this not due to be covered in the new TG20 re-write?

I thought braces were to stop the scaffolding separating if it collapsed, I may be wrong

I was once asked if a job inside a building needed a wind brace because there was no wind inside the building ha

haha, excellent. Another new one me.:laugh::laugh:

aom rite and you first dog leg should go up and out to put the weight down to your inside leggs. animals wont spread. the best thing about it is ya staff ya lift un ya ledgers in trannie and then brace coz them fkeing braces dont half get in ya way like

Top Bottom