am i out of the game

Electric acupuncture? Does it feel like you're having a tattoo Oldscaff?

Its like getting someone to scratch your back in the spot you cannot reach,
It will keep the bones, ligaments and muscles supple
If your constantly putting weight on something it will compress so this should help ease it back into shape
You have a lot to learn Grasshopper

Had the electric acu on me knees after I knackered them up pkayin football. Had suffered for years wiv dodgy knees but the electric seemed to do the trick. No harm in tryin sumfin new. If it dont work then uve lost nothing. Apart from ur 20 notes for the hour that is

This is the miracle cure for some of us Scaffs
sent a few mates to this place in Partick Glasgow Sino Herbal
One had not had a good nights sleep for sometime due to sciatica problem
end of sleepless nights for him and his wife

OLD SCAFF=OLD MATE you still going to that wee place
i have always took the cod liveroil and the glucosomate which as you say is the oil for the bones.If we Scaffs looked after our bodies as we do our fittings we might well all make retirement with out the cortisone injections etc
THE YOUNG TEAM NEED NOT WORRY AS THE NEW REGS MEAN NO FECKING GRAFT TO KNOCK FECK OOT THE OPLD BODY
JUST A STIFF NECK FROM BENDING IT TO TALK **** ON THE PHONE OR RERETATIVE STRAIN ON THE FINGERS FROM TEXTING ALL DAY:eek:

Iam on the tools with a frozen shoulder. I cant lift my arm above my head. I have found i can manage 99% of jobs by using mainly my right arm.
Being over fifty myself , I find two boards at a time enough. Iam looking for the labourer to manage most of the work and the top man ,me, just to design and fix.

I've just had 3 weeks off with a bad shoulder (it's the nerve between the spine and shoulder blade) been back a few weeks and didn't turn in on Friday because it's sore hopefully it's just the weather/chaining that's done it, I certainly hope it's not long standing as I'm only 28 ffs

I think most of us older scaffs are carrying some sort of perminent injury & its just down to the nature of the job wearing out our bodies incl myself i have regular cortazone injections in my neck due to 3 ruptured discs - i'm lucky in the respect i run my own company but as a hands on boss i still work daily i found the major change to help mysef was to introduce impact drivers but tbh you may need to think about a more perminent change such as to find a firm to take you on in a supervisors role or find the funding to do your smsts & nebosh & stay in the industry you know but on the saftey side.

hi there mate hope ya fine so , how do u find say putting ledgers in with a fk shoulder do u try and work the same or av u change the way u do things , if u have a op i think u ar looking at 16 to 20 weeks off min . if u had worked in public sector what u think u would of been a H S E OFFICER

I just get on with it to be honest. It's OK when it's warm but once the cold and damp weather starts I can feel it more.Stopped putting long in as toppers on any hemps bigger than 5ft.Feel a bit of a tart using 16fts for toppers!! Funnily enough got a call the other day of a firm of solicitors or leeches as I call them asking about industrial deafness and RSI .Mentioned my shoulder they said I could have a chance claiming,as for the deafness,"Sorry what did you say?"

Topping out wi long uns.....give up wi them years ago. 2fts now all the way...lol lol
On a serious note, i thought long uns were banned on toppers, we dobt use anything bigger tgan a 16 for topping.

Topping out wi long uns.....give up wi them years ago. 2fts now all the way...lol lol
On a serious note, i thought long uns were banned on toppers, we dobt use anything bigger tgan a 16 for topping.

Nothings banned, up to the individuals ability.

Its trad that banned it - cut everything down to 16' everdently the trad boys cant top out wiv em lol

In truth Hemping long is all macho bollox anyways, yes I can and have obviously done long but ain't the long heavier than the eu maximum weight restriction? sounds daft I know but I've been on a skanska job years ago where we had to have 2 carrying one? Anyone else ever had this...... Got to admit 2 to a long didn't do wonders for my macho image tho lol

I was on a site that had that rule,two to one 21ft.like you say,every other scaff that saw it,was on the ball for humourous jokes.the kids nowardays would struggle topping out with the old heavy tube,nowt like watching one try when you find a stray one.

Top Bottom