aeroplane docking rigs

Collo

Reaction score
Do any of the forum members do the mobile docking rig scaffolds for the aeroplanes.

Do any of the forum members do the mobile docking rig scaffolds for the aeroplanes.

Use too Collo,For nearly 5yr,cracking number it was.747,sDC10,146 ,Dublin,Switzerland,Stansted,East Midlands,M/C,Bristol good number but all good things come to a end. ;)

Was just wondering if they still use scaffold on them?

I have seen a few in the past, impressive looking jobs.

Who was it you used to do it for joe?

Deborah but that was just at M/c at first.Trad use to be there but Deborah tried making it a more professional way of working with harnesses and ovies. Trad had been in the aviation game quite a while before Deborah got involved in it.This was all before 2000,a firm called Turner +8 moved into M/c airport about 2001 we,ed never heard of them but they were a big player over in Ireland.

Yes I know of Plus 8 mate it was some of their work at Manchester that I saw, do you know if they are still diong the work there?

Yes I know of Plus 8 mate it was some of their work at Manchester that I saw, do you know if they are still diong the work there?

No mate,not anymore.British Areospace at Woodford,Deborah still on there they do the 146s smaller planes but do a full docking scaffold out of layer for the paint spraying.Bristols a massive place where they spray a lot of aircraft,don,t no whos on there though trad or +8 maybe.

Ye mate used to work with him when he first started scaffolding, mad as a box of frogs that one

Ye mate used to work with him when he first started scaffolding, mad as a box of frogs that one
Yeah sound fella,was working with him on the isle of grain a few yr ago funny fella.;)

His missus and my missus are cousins so I bump in to him now and again at funerals, weddings, that sort of thing. Last time I saw him was about 12 months ago at a family wedding. He never alters though 'still nuts'

is lads a good footballer i believe,he said he takes him all over the place.

We scaffold the new zealand airforce orions and 747s when they come in for service a mixture of mobile docking, fixed scaffolds and droppers from the hanger rafters, bit more interesting than houses!

We scaffold the new zealand airforce orions and 747s when they come in for service a mixture of mobile docking, fixed scaffolds and droppers from the hanger rafters, bit more interesting than houses!

Do you use layer cgizzle,You can,t beat the working conditions when scaffolding round aircraft, ;)

Do you use layer cgizzle,You can,t beat the working conditions when scaffolding round aircraft, ;)

Yea mate layher all the way, Speedy Scaf for the fixed towers and All Round for the mobiles and droppers. Yea the hangers have underfloor heating in the winter great when the other boys are slogging it out in the mud and rain! Im iff there today to scaffold a tail fin of an Orion.

Yea mate layher all the way, Speedy Scaf for the fixed towers and All Round for the mobiles and droppers. Yea the hangers have underfloor heating in the winter great when the other boys are slogging it out in the mud and rain! Im iff there today to scaffold a tail fin of an Orion.
We use to build the tail dockings for the dc10s at m/c, FLS areospace were the maintence firm at the time. Got some pictures in the house some where i,ll have to digg em out and post them on,pretty impressive when pushing towards the plane and all connected to link up around the aircraft.Yeah all mobile push it where ever you want,usually inside the hanger out of the rain.;)

turner +8,based in glasgow great system we started the dublin fleet 15years ago,to my knowledge still ongoing.stuart mcleans the man who dose all their designs,mad as a hatter clever though,there starting airport in nigeria next week i heard.

turner +8,based in glasgow great system we started the dublin fleet 15years ago,to my knowledge still ongoing.stuart mcleans the man who dose all their designs,mad as a hatter clever though,there starting airport in nigeria next week i heard.

Yeah turner+8 worked for them celticbhoy over in Dublin,They still based in Govan. ;)

Top Bottom