advanced ticket or supervisor

I think I'm right in saying the supervisors ticket is the scaffolders equivalent of the SMSTS. The way I read it is you don't really need this if your on the spanners e.g leading hand but it is one I may do myself as my SMSTS has run out.

Without my various tickets, id NOW be out of work and struggling to feed my missus and kids.

Tickets are important and those who dont have even the basics, like a CISRS card need to get with the program and sort it out - pronto.

Definately agree Jason, its expensive and a pain attending all the courses, but once done your in a better position for work...

Unless he's inspecting advanced jobs... and as we know most jobs are classed as advanced these days...

Then all you would need is an advanced ticket.

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

Personally,I choose experience. We had this debate a while back. Gary Adams and Phil share the same sentiments. (If not tg 20?) Would it not also be on the court to prove you incompetent.

I would tend to agree with Phil181 on this one and say if you're already in court you would already be deemed incompetent.

A few years back Frederik we had dealings with a loss adjuster and I can assure you the onus is on us to prove competence.

haha, not knocking the guy's who think otherwise but if you employ men you need to be doing it the official way. Doesn't mean there is not loads of good scaffs out there with no ticket or worse still the wrong ticket but I have to be totally honest and say no ticket no job at Aom.

the sites im on you can only be supervisor if your advanced .i just paid 980 for my advanced and 480 assessment, then 2 weeks lost wages and petrol.over 2500 all together

I recently done the advanced too but also had to pay £350 hotel plus say £50 a week food on top of the £2500 so pushing £3000 with the loss of earnings. Lets hope it's all worth it eh. Saving now to do offshore lol

haha, not knocking the guy's who think otherwise but if you employ men you need to be doing it the official way. Doesn't mean there is not loads of good scaffs out there with no ticket or worse still the wrong ticket but I have to be totally honest and say no ticket no job at Aom.

Oh bah! I was planning on moving to Argyll and asking you for a labouring job :sad:

Thank fk the ancestors didnt worry about tickets. Ticket for labouring ffs.:weird:

I recently done the advanced too but also had to pay £350 hotel plus say £50 a week food on top of the £2500 so pushing £3000 with the loss of earnings. Lets hope it's all worth it eh. Saving now to do offshore lol

£3000 is a big outlay mate.

I never really realised how lucky I was until I starting seeing how many lads on the forum have paid for their own training.

Best of luck with getting your money back and making a decent penny on top.

Considering uni leavers average a debt of £53000 & end up working behind a bar it's not bad

Then all you would need is an advanced ticket.

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

I would tend to agree with Phil181 on this one and say if you're already in court you would already be deemed incompetent.

A few years back Frederik we had dealings with a loss adjuster and I can assure you the onus is on us to prove competence.

yes all you need is the advanced CISRS, but I heard this will change next year, and you will also need the inspection card aswell...

yes all you need is the advanced CISRS, but I heard this will change next year, and you will also need the inspection card aswell...

Mate with all due respect, that is incorrect.

I must be lucky then, got 3 gold cards and not paid for any of them.
advance card.
advance inspection.
scaffold supervisor ( 5 day ).

Maybe.. maybe not... I heard it mentioned, think it was on here somewere actually ??

It must be true then!

We have already established that you don't necessarily need ANY form of qualification to inspect a scaffolding structure. Now all of a sudden we've jumped to an essential combination of CISRS advanced card and scaffold inspection card!

It must be true then!

We have already established that you don't necessarily need ANY form of qualification to inspect a scaffolding structure. Now all of a sudden we've jumped to an essential combination of CISRS advanced card and scaffold inspection card!

Regs (W@H 2005) you shall comply)
Acop's Special legal status (SLS)
NASC produce guidance notes..SG4 10 etc.
Trainining Centres train (Budding) Scaffs.
The HSE procsecutes non compliance of all the above.

its not Rocket science is it???????

Don't plead ignorance it aint a defence.....................................:embarrest:

Top Bottom