advanced ticket or supervisor

guymac

Reaction score
which is the better one to have ?
also where do i do these and approx costs.
cheers

You need them both,advance,so you can erect and sign off advance jobs,and scaffold supervisers,so you can supervise and inspect advance jobs,as for where to take them,there are many places but simian have training centres north and south,costs vary,you'll need to speak to them as theres often funding grants available,i.e.experienced worker ect.

i would do advance course you do supervisor stuff in the course but would think inspection tickets would be handy. i asked glasgow citb instructor and he didnt recomend doing it. my advance cost me 945 back in jan. you can be a supervisor with basic card or be an advance scaff and still be a supervisor. the course is more for non scaffs that want to supervise as its mainly method statements risk assessments etc

Advanced CISRS Gold Card is the one that you'll need, imo.
Supervisor work comes and goes but if your not an 'official' Advanced Scaffolder, then you may well miss out on getting the higher rates and work.

Defo advanced CISRS card, you can only inspect basic scaffolds with the supv card anyway ( unless your adv scaff or done adv inspection )

Defo advanced CISRS card, you can only inspect basic scaffolds with the supv card anyway ( unless your adv scaff or done adv inspection )

I said both because your covered for all occasions,but as far as i am aware you cant supervise with just an advance,and you cant sign off or inspect advance jobs with just a supervisors:bigsmile:(i think only advance scaffs should be able to take the supervisors,it' a bit stupid fella's running around with a scaffold supervisers gold card,when they have'nt even got an advance scaffolders card,i.m.o.):D

I said both because your covered for all occasions,but as far as i am aware you cant supervise with just an advance,and you cant sign off or inspect advance jobs with just a supervisors:bigsmile:(i think only advance scaffs should be able to take the supervisors,it' a bit stupid fella's running around with a scaffold supervisers gold card,when they have'nt even got an advance scaffolders card,i.m.o.):D

Pretty sure you can't sign off advanced jobs if you only have supervisors card mate.. I would go for CISRS advanced card, advanced inspection and scaffold supervisor card...

Anyone can 'sign off' or inspect a scaffold structure as long as they are a 'competent person'.

The easiest way of proving competency would be for a scaffold inspector to have a scaffolding card relevant to the work he (or she) is inspecting - Part 2 for basic structures and advanced for advanced structures.

The scaffold inspectors card is also 'proof' of competency.

There's no need for a combination of both unless a particular client requires it.

More importantly, there's no legal requirement to have any form of card to either inspect or to erect/dismantle/modify scaffolding. The only requirement is that the person carrying out the works is a 'competent person'.

Again, the easiest way of proving this is to have the relevant CISRS card or equivalent (if there is one)

As an example, Lend Lease (formely Bovis) require scaffolding inspectors to have a CISRS scaffolding inspectors card, OR an advanced scaffolding card and a CISRS supervisors card. That is their rules, not the law.

Nice one Phil, I have mentioned that a couple of times recently but it fell on deaf ears and even started to doubt it myself.:bigsmile:

which supervisor cala , the 2 day or 5

I did the 5 day supervisor course, bloke was former head instructor at Bircham, he said you can only sign off ( Tag ) basic scaffolds if you hold no other card... I think as said you should be adv to even take this course.. personally I have adv scaff, adv inspector, and scaff supervisor, just done the 5 day IOSH finished that today, if you have the chance get all the cards . can't do any harm, supervisor courses.. no you dont " officially " need a card to scaffold or work in the industry... but try getting a start without them... ;)

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 PM ----------

Anyone can 'sign off' or inspect a scaffold structure as long as they are a 'competent person'.

The easiest way of proving competency would be for a scaffold inspector to have a scaffolding card relevant to the work he (or she) is inspecting - Part 2 for basic structures and advanced for advanced structures.

The scaffold inspectors card is also 'proof' of competency.

There's no need for a combination of both unless a particular client requires it.

More importantly, there's no legal requirement to have any form of card to either inspect or to erect/dismantle/modify scaffolding. The only requirement is that the person carrying out the works is a 'competent person'.

Again, the easiest way of proving this is to have the relevant CISRS card or equivalent (if there is one)

As an example, Lend Lease (formely Bovis) require scaffolding inspectors to have a CISRS scaffolding inspectors card, OR an advanced scaffolding card and a CISRS supervisors card. That is their rules, not the law.

Try explaining your competant without any qualifications when your stood in front of the barrister ;)

Very true Cala that's why the cards are so popular but the industry recognised qualification to prove competence for inspecting basic jobs is part 2, there is no need for a scaffolder to hold an inspectors ticket unless some of the big boys in their rush for the moral high ground ever make it company policy in which case I would explain to them they would have to get outside inspectors in.

I did the 5 day supervisor course, bloke was former head instructor at Bircham, he said you can only sign off ( Tag ) basic scaffolds if you hold no other card... I think as said you should be adv to even take this course.. personally I have adv scaff, adv inspector, and scaff supervisor, just done the 5 day IOSH finished that today, if you have the chance get all the cards . can't do any harm, supervisor courses.. no you dont " officially " need a card to scaffold or work in the industry... but try getting a start without them... ;)

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 PM ----------

Try explaining your competant without any qualifications when your stood in front of the barrister ;)

I'd be more worried about the Judge!

Like I said, the easiest way of proving competency is by having a recognised qualification.

If you kill someone, chances are you're in deep trouble anyway - card or no card.

Tickets,no experience. Experience and no tickets, who would you want to work with??

We all use people from other trades with no formal qualification. Plumbers ,sparks, Bet you all know a great motor mechanic,self taught. Use all of these myself. Competent people

I hate to say it Frederik but tickets every time.:(

Without my various tickets, id NOW be out of work and struggling to feed my missus and kids.

Tickets are important and those who dont have even the basics, like a CISRS card need to get with the program and sort it out - pronto.

Personally,I choose experience. We had this debate a while back. Gary Adams and Phil share the same sentiments. (If not tg 20?) Would it not also be on the court to prove you incompetent.

Very true Cala that's why the cards are so popular but the industry recognised qualification to prove competence for inspecting basic jobs is part 2, there is no need for a scaffolder to hold an inspectors ticket unless some of the big boys in their rush for the moral high ground ever make it company policy in which case I would explain to them they would have to get outside inspectors in.

Unless he's inspecting advanced jobs... and as we know most jobs are classed as advanced these days...

Top Bottom