Advanced Scaffold Inspection Training Scheme (SITS) CISRS

That is how I would view it as well Deb.

I just finished the supervisor course Friday and according to the instructor an advanced scaff won't need an advanced inspection card until 2014.

But a scaffolder would know all the above anyway.. more so than a 5 day course person...

But they don't!

Which is why someone has to look at the underside of the boards to reject the ones with consaw cuts in them that the scaffolders flipped over.

Take up is approx 50.50 advanced scaffolder (I turn down basic scaffolders) and Safety Officers/site engineers/site managers.

I have also trained supervisory personnel off-shore for the occasions the chargehand scaffolders are on-shore

You'll enjoy it mate, good course and you will have a laugh at the health and safety people on it with their clipboards...lol.. they can write an essay on stuff them...lol

Bit like when Benchmark did all their advanced courses at Beckton and then found out they weren't actually qualified to do the training and had all their gold cards rescinded

So that's 3 cards to pay for now. Get all the info on the 1 card and stop taking people for granted.

Top Bottom