Advanced Scaffold Inspection Training Scheme (SITS) CISRS

very funny aom lolo
tossser would av only been on £95 aday instead of £140
proberbly left cos i told him to hand the lid over when he'd finished lol

sounds like a good way to spend your cash mate...not

should get summit worth the paper its printed on thats gonna make u mor dosh and increase your skill set

should get summit worth the paper its printed on thats gonna make u mor dosh and increase your skill set

Yeh... and just think I could have saved the course money to spend in the pub and sniffing coke hey..lol...

I cant really increase my 'Skill set'... i already have a CISRS Advanced Ticket - that pretty much all you need, if you wanted to cheapen it ;).

This will only be a little booster to my other cards - PTS, LUCAS, CCNSG and so on.
In this day and age - More qualifications = more chance of getting work/more money/more versatility.

Its b0llocks but thats how the world is.

aint dissin u mate but arn't pts,lucas & ccnsg tckts just to allow you to work within definded areas like railways&undergrounds,etc and the safty passport is really only a overgrown version of the ciscs touchscreen h&s test.although they help in employment of scaffolding within these areas i wouldn't class them as additional skill sets...i ment things like rigging or rope access,hgv things that would increase your chance and options of work,you'd even be better off getting your heli-dip tkt and try to get offshore,

think it depends on which way u want your career to go jason
if your happy in your field -happy days, but i think i see what hotspanner means at some stage you decide where you wanna work,street,site.commercial,industrial,etc each requireing its own skill set to command top money in- and if you cant get it within your choosen path,then change the skill set and then change your path.
or you can allways start your own company, think theres a lot more you could go for before the inspection tckt & dont forget if you get it you take the responilbilty for that job then instead of your boss,might seem worth a cpl of xtra££££ when things go good ,but wouldn't fancy being used as a scape goat by a unscrupulous boss if the **** hit the fan :))

That's a thought SP, might just get the Mrs to renew her inspection ticket.;)

once shes done it aom send her down to me i got a couple of shoring jobs that dont look too clever,she could take the rap for me if we get a mini collapse lolo

haha, better watch what you say she does come on here now and again. She say's it's just to keep her options open as she really was our qualified inspector at a time but she truly couldn't tell you the difference between a ledger and a tranny. She may well just be the sort of candidate you are looking for.;)

a few months ago i actually saw a female get out of a 18tonner put spanners on and start erecting, turns out was her company as well, used to be her dads-wonder if he'd always wanted a boy and bullied her into it lolo

haha, better watch what you say she does come on here now and again. She say's it's just to keep her options open as she really was our qualified inspector at a time but she truly couldn't tell you the difference between a ledger and a tranny. She may well just be the sort of candidate you are looking for.;)

sounds like a few "inspectors" i know

Hi Mikhail,

There are centres which run courses "in line" with CISRS regs but are not part of it.
You should try and contact Cape PLC as they have tried everything so that they can flood the scaffolding world with cheap labour. They train people in Asia so that they can say they have qualified tradesmen on their books.

Hi Mikhail,

There are centres which run courses "in line" with CISRS regs but are not part of it.
You should try and contact Cape PLC as they have tried everything so that they can flood the scaffolding world with cheap labour. They train people in Asia so that they can say they have qualified tradesmen on their books.

Yep, i heard about Capeplc training center located at Phillipines but they do not have an Advanced scaffolding training course only part 1 and 2

I run these courses in Ireland.

It is essential to do a course as part of 'competency, which includes, knowledge, experience and being authorised as well as training.

Sure, a scaffolder can hand over and make the initial sign off on a scaffold, no problem, and he doesn't need any further training other than his scaffold 'ticket'.

The problem is that seven days later, or sooner if any event may have made the scaffold unstable, he will then be inspecting a "place of work at height".

There is a big difference between the two!

For example, you will need to know the weight of all materials placed on the scaffold and loading bays. Know the minimum width requirements for access. A knowledge of the hazards of excavation near a scaffold. Be able to note changes in adjacent electrical installations, traffic routes and causes of vibration all of which can seriously impact on the safety and stability of the scaffold.

You need training to inspect it because it is a place of work at height, not just a scaffold anymore!

hi dennis -i understand what your saying that you actually teach this course is it part of a h&s remit type course and if so what % of candidates are scaffolders againt non scaffolders and can i ask if you are a qualified scaffolder as well

I run these courses in Ireland.

It is essential to do a course as part of 'competency, which includes, knowledge, experience and being authorised as well as training.

Sure, a scaffolder can hand over and make the initial sign off on a scaffold, no problem, and he doesn't need any further training other than his scaffold 'ticket'.

The problem is that seven days later, or sooner if any event may have made the scaffold unstable, he will then be inspecting a "place of work at height".

There is a big difference between the two!

For example, you will need to know the weight of all materials placed on the scaffold and loading bays. Know the minimum width requirements for access. A knowledge of the hazards of excavation near a scaffold. Be able to note changes in adjacent electrical installations, traffic routes and causes of vibration all of which can seriously impact on the safety and stability of the scaffold.

You need training to inspect it because it is a place of work at height, not just a scaffold anymore!

But a scaffolder would know all the above anyway.. more so than a 5 day course person...

Top Bottom