3.2mm High Yield Tube vs Standard 4mm Tube

skyhook

Reaction score
Does anybody have any experience using High Yield tube, and can you give an opinion on it and share any information ?

I can't find that much information on it, although I have learnt that Lyndon's use it ?

I know it is lighter, and stronger but are there any negatives opposed to using normal 4mm Galvanised.

Such as fittings slipping due to it being a harder steel ect, and if that is the case which fittings work best with it. Drop Forged or Pressed or do they both perform the same ?

I have no experience with it, only ever used 4mm Galvanised or Alloy.

Thanks

Skyhook

Last edited:
Does anybody have any experience using High Yield tube, and can you give an opinion on it and share any information ?

I can't find that much information on it, although I have learnt that Lyndon's use it ?

I know it is lighter, and stronger but are there any negatives opposed to using normal 4mm Galvanised.

Such as fittings slipping due to it being a harder steel ect, and if that is the case which fittings work best with it. Drop Forged or Pressed or do they both perform the same ?

I have no experience with it, only ever used 4mm Galvanised or Alloy.

Thanks

Skyhook

Aye, I've worked for Lyndon and used them. Do the same job but are lighter to handle. Win, win situation if you ask me but you'll still get the 'ard c@nts shouting about how the games full of poofs now and they miss the days when 8m steel ladder beams were the norm.

Mouthfull of Coffee 1- IPad 0

I read about it on the Lyndon page too, in fact that is the most comprehensive information I found.

Got to love them stone, we've still got a few at the back of the yard.

Bought a few off a mate this year as all my alloy beams were on other jobs and it was a cheap alternative. F@ck me, my arse was goin throwing them out over a 6.5m conservatory to my mate.:laugh:

We use the tube but its vantheil, nice and light but it does seem to bend a lot easier. Never had trouble with the fittings slipping on it thou.

Bought a few off a mate this year as all my alloy beams were on other jobs and it was a cheap alternative. F@ck me, my arse was goin throwing them out over a 6.5m conservatory to my mate.:laugh:

Fuuck that, last time i used them i got the crane to hold them in possition whilst we fixed them, i aint blowing piles out my arse lifting them.

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

Hell of a lot better bob. As for hemping no trouble getting them in at chin height mate, and better on the body as their lighter, i dare say 2-3kg lighter on a long if not more.

Fuuck that, last time i used them i got the crane to hold them in possition whilst we fixed them, i aint blowing piles out my arse lifting them.

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

Hell of a lot better bob. As for hemping no trouble getting them in at chin height mate, and better on the body as their lighter, i dare say 2-3kg lighter on a long if not more.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

No cranes on the street den. Didn't price one into the job lol.

It's cheaper to buy as well!

I was suprised to learn that too !

High yield galvanised scaffold tube, 25% lighter but stronger than traditional 4mm tube

With it being cheaper too it appears to be the better choice.

Skyhook

Last edited:
It has better mechanical properties too, thats what makes Lyndons so competitive.

Ask phil181 what his lads think of it.

Have a good break boys, ill pop in and say hello in the new year, coffees on me

Top Bottom