2 standards or 1 (beams)

na mate you need to be trained in the pull tester which my supervisor has

I was trained by apollo, they came to our yard spent about 2 hrs testing different ties, then got a certificate.

The jobs I've seen around leaves me wondering if anyone knows how to lace a set of beams never mind if it goes to two standards or not! Lyndons working, two standards as standard if you pardon the pun. But depends on the application, corner support must be a different animal but thought beam jobs were automatically a design now?

2 standards on a protection scaffold

---
I am here: Google Maps
K. Fowler

Morning Kez,
dont put pics on unless you want some clever fooker to pick holes LOL
Plan bracing should be to top chord of beams
Beams need to be tied on top chord every 1-1.2m and 2-2.5 on the bottom
stay well
Alan

Last edited:
Two standards at least on one side, if bridging a mid section of scaffold, but preferrably two standards on both sides . This is my opinion due to the beams flexing midspan with load, if beams are fixed on one set of standards the doubles will twist. If caught on two standards this won't happen. Again my opinion.

Its all about what you are trying to achieve.
If you need to reduce the bending in the beam you can do so by connecting to additional standards either side of the span this however increases the load in the support standards either side of the span and an increased base reaction . This option may also give you an increased shear reaction in your beam which you may not want.

Your Engineer may have considered other things when designing over either a single standard or more.
regards
Alan

Always done two each end, but have done off single standards each end as well.

In all honesty chaps, if you put the job up and it stays up, no one will look twice ( most of the time ) we all know that most of the time nothing will go wrong.
The fact is that any job which requires beams must have design imput.
If it's a bridge scaffold,regardless of beams it should be designed, and if the worst was to happen and the scaffolding fails and collapses, THEN, those without a design are in a worse hole than those with.
The HSE will descend on you,and their first question will be "Can we have a look at your design".
Question to ask yourselves ( scaffolders that run the job and sign it off AND the business owners out there)

Are you prepared to risk it without a design ??

Ian Don't you mean the Beam Bends? If it flexes then it Bends..weak point. Tell the engineer if he is worried about the weight being on the inside stds, then to double them up right next to each other, so now we are talking three stds.

Top Bottom