Scaffs wanted Cape/Australia!!!!!!

havespannerwilltravel is there any jobs going onshore with you then,long way to go just to chance your luck mate,50pounds an hr sounds very good,would come over for that kind money no problem,can you give me any company names so can email them mate

I second that Robert. So theres not much happening in UK then? I am in Sweden at the moment but all my training and certs are Canadian... Worst case StephenRobert, if yer willing to travel there is loads of Jobs in Alberta in Canada... I can prob lead you on yer way

ok cheers mate,is it good money aswell there,so was you working for cape over there,then went to sweden for them.what about where you are anything going.

Difficult to gain visa for Oz lads unless you are under 30 as said before on this forum, somebody correct me if I am wrong but the 457 visa would be quickest way and that involves a company sponsoring you chances of that unless you know someone might be slim considering they won't know you !! If they exhaust the labour force in Oz then you might get lucky ! Best o luck great place to live and work.

Mark, I hold a 417 working holiday maker visa right now, just havent entered country yet. If I came over like soon/now is there work available? Do you have any legit contacts to anyone I could talk to, rather then email? Would love to come and work. Where u live/work at right now and is there positions? Whats rate of pay like? Sorry for so many questions dude...

Mark, I hold a 417 working holiday maker visa right now, just havent entered country yet. If I came over like soon/now is there work available? Do you have any legit contacts to anyone I could talk to, rather then email? Would love to come and work. Where u live/work at right now and is there positions? Whats rate of pay like? Sorry for so many questions dude...

bmaher,
I went over when I was younger m8 on a working holiday visa mate like you have now had no job to got to but had a place to stay, first thing I did was went to the tax office and asked for a tax file no to work legit through me visa, was there about three weeks landed on a petrochem plant worked there for six months coined it in then had some fun !! Mate I can't help with contacts but if you have nothing holding you where you are then my advice would be to just go and when your there buy all the job papers you'll get started and then work your way from there !! Best thing I ever did mate.
I am now living the dream offshore from the UK waters and the rate of pay is never enough for being out here !!

cool. What area is best? I hear WA/Perth area to start? Suggestions?

havespannerwilltravel is there any jobs going onshore with you then,long way to go just to chance your luck mate,50pounds an hr sounds very good,would come over for that kind money no problem,can you give me any company names so can email them mate

As I said before have just made 130 redundant including myself. I managed to get about 20 other good paying jobs. The others are either working back in the city for 15 quid an hour or waiting until other projects kick off.

Thousands of people come to Australia on the young persons working holiday visa and have a great time and earn some money. Why dont you do that?

---------- Post added at 01:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 AM ----------

Difficult to gain visa for Oz lads unless you are under 30 as said before on this forum, somebody correct me if I am wrong but the 457 visa would be quickest way and that involves a company sponsoring you chances of that unless you know someone might be slim considering they won't know you !! If they exhaust the labour force in Oz then you might get lucky ! Best o luck great place to live and work.

You are right Mark, the 457 visa is a company sponsored visa. The cryogenic insulators (laggers) came over on special visas with a 6 month limit.
Scaffolding is not a recognised trade in Australia and as anyone can get a scaffold ticket in a few days its unlikely it will.

---------- Post added at 01:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 AM ----------

[/COLOR]

You are right Mark, the 457 visa is a company sponsored visa. The cryogenic insulators (laggers) came over on special visas with a 6 month limit.
Scaffolding is not a recognised trade in Australia and as anyone can get a scaffold ticket in a few days its unlikely it will.[/QUOTE]

I did the courses when I was out last time m8 back in 2000 and yeah you are right Scaffolding is only deemed semi-skilled in Oz and not a recognised trade for immigration purposes, the insulators landed on their feet with that job !!
Best o luck pal

Australians cant scaffold anyway,thats why they want and need us.

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 PM ----------

only thing holding us back is age and visa"s

Stephenrobert,
I worked with some good oz & kiwi scaffs out there pal not as good as yourself big yin but good all the same !! lol
Hope you got fixed up pal ?

Would like to try that Aussie thing mate but i heard you have to be younger than 31 to get a working visa.No use to an old bugger like me . Cheers

Don't suppose you have come across a John McMaster in Dundee have you DS?

what is this young fcuking thing all about,you cant beat experience,no matter how good anyone in our game thinks,i know some ******* good scafs who are out of work,and jobs abroad saying 30 or under,that crap,thats why our scaf industry is falling apart,we maybe older but we can still out do most younger guys aswell,if not all,i find that young guys in our game,think they know it all,but know nothing pass putting up an indepentant,most cant even base out right.

---------- Post added at 10:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 AM ----------

ask markwalker on here my mate,his worked with me,he will tell you the same,his good guy if you ever work with him,and i hope i get to work with my mate mark again.

the reason its 30 or under is simply because you cannot get a 12month working visa over the age of 31! its nothing to do with the experienced or unexperienced scaffs, its the australian laws that are stopping this not the scaffolding companies!

i see thanks for that guys more info,still dont help though,wish i was under 30 now,would be out there with you guys cheers anyway.uk had it

Top Bottom