Reasons for not turning in...

Can remember in Rotterdam back in the mid 90s 2 Sheffield Scaffs and 1 from I think Brighton turned up at Verolme Ship repair yard which had a huge empty car park. They got out the car shrugged their shoulders and the brighton lad said "Tell em we couldnt find anywhere to park" and went off to a nearby bar....Pure class

I've been given too many excuses to mention.
But what I am totally amazed by, is that scaffolders are not only the unluckiest people on Earth (sick wives/stolen cars/burgled homes etc etc), but they also have several dozen grandmothers, each of whom usually die on a thursday or sunday night....

We used to have to travel down to leicester to a redrow housing site in the late 80s , i hated it . So one particular morning we pulled into the services at Nottingham I introduced the 10mm spanner to the vans distributer and rang the office to come out and fix the van, expensive breakfast but this became the regular excuse for not going to ****** housing sites :D

phill these excuses must do the rounds , specially the one bout such such has died

I've been given too many excuses to mention.
But what I am totally amazed by, is that scaffolders are not only the unluckiest people on Earth (sick wives/stolen cars/burgled homes etc etc), but they also have several dozen grandmothers, each of whom usually die on a thursday or sunday night....
I had a guy recently who just started and a week in said "Russ can I have thursday off" I said "for Fu*ks sake Gary you've only been here 3 days and you want a day off why" Gary said ,head hung low "For my dads funeral" I felt so bad "Oh yea of course Gary mate no problem" about 3 months later Gary's brother came to work for us,we got him to fill in his emergancy contact details and I noticed his Next of Kin as farther.I said I thought your dad was dead mate ? "He wasn't when I left this morning" came the reply, when I pulled Gary up that night all he said was "Had you there Russ" sad or what

Had a guy that rang in one Mon morn, said he ran for the bus, and his flask fell out his bag and smashed, he had to go and get a new one, so would not be in till Tuesday:eek:

I worked with a guy once awesome lawson he had all the excuses in the book for not turning in some of the beautys where " i was on my way in when i sneezed and **** my self ":embarrest: quality and " i was on the phone when i fell down an open man hole next day not even a scratch.:D

I worked with a guy once awesome lawson he had all the excuses in the book for not turning in some of the beautys where " i was on my way in when i sneezed and **** my self ":embarrest: quality and " i was on the phone when i fell down an open man hole next day not even a scratch.:D
I was working with my brother on a site in December,snow on the ground freezing cold.We were walking to the canteen and he just disappeared in front of my eyes, he had fallen down a manhole that was full of water and covered in tiny polystyrene balls that the guys doing the cavity insulation use. You couldn't tell the difference between the snow and the balls.

next time dangeruss tell him to turn the gas down and go after work lol

Top Bottom