Poor Quality Equipment

its ashame the b+p dont come with all its readily functioning parts nowadays.....the chairs have been gone for some time now the thumbies are usually tossed and the back anchor bands you hardly see now,best fitting for me hands down.

They are a great fitting al-right i spent the first 5 years of my scaffolding career using them i never could work out why they phazed them out

used to weld them onto baseplates for even easier kickoff just good allround wernt they?

jackdan

WWWwwwwwooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosshhhh ;)

---------- Post added at 10:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

Celticbhoy

aye, dont know they the fell from favour---that sprung steel last for decades---ooops maybe that they they dont Manufacture ???.

Aye, I was nae long started wi SG when this auld Erector showed me how to erect with 2 six inch nails---he said it was just in case I left wi Podger in the Bar---nae excuses eh :eek:

Gar...

---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

philio

aye, bounced right into the back of the van eh PMSL...

Was doing a job and there was over a 100 opes that had to be guardrailed off and bolted in position, priced for using the expensive allen key type that bolts to floor or wall. When I got the job I bought a few hundred B+P's much cheaper and bolted them instead, the lads with me did'nt know what they were, never saw them before.They have so many uses.

Hi Presco

I've got around 1500 bands in the yard and was wondering if you sell the screw plates on their own,and if so how much are they ??

Must agree with the lads,I think they're the best fitting out there have been using them since I started scaffolding and still have around seven or eight thousand of them in stock. I've even got the ones used in the racking they used to hold the crown jewels and works of art during WW2 inside the slate caverns at a place called Blaenau Ffestiniog in North Wales.

Hi scaffman

Please bear with me - we can do this but I have had too request a price from our factory, we have only sold the complete set up until now... be back to you soon.

Regards

Kate

i have noticed the new tube lately to be very thin, also it seems that the quality is crap,
one job i had 2000ft of new tube that was bent when it arrived and even after 2-3 runs
through the machine it was still bent.
most common problems are
new tube is,
wrong size 47-51mm
not square (hexagon shape)
and the worse one is it is brittle, have noticed in the past 6 months i have tube snaping
in the machine ( scares the living sh1t outa you )

Thats worrying mate the thing is if you buy a load of tube from a supplier you dont really know where it comes from , tubes have got a hell of a lot lighter over the years

Tube should be 4mm wall, it's gone down to 3.6 or even 3.2 nowadays.

Too many people think scaffold gear is easy money and all they need is a tie up with a factory in China - theres a new lot in Birmingham started up doing cheap fittings with chinese test certs, i think they have been bust about five or six times in the past.

Scary stuff.

Top Bottom