offshore work??

Hi everyone has anybody worked on morecombe bay hope to be heading out for a few trips with rbg just wondering what its like and do you fly out from barrow heysham or blackpool cheers

You fly from Blackpool (14 minute flight) , you will probably end up shuttleing from the central platform to the unmanned platforms nearby . It may have changed but when I was there the money was crap the food was crap but hopefully for you it may have improved .(doubt it though).

was on there about 6 years ago. big bo from edinburgh was in the seat back to back with nasty bob from newcastle. dont know things have changed.

ow m8 ive been working offshore since last year but not as a scaff im just thinking of doin me part 1 coz work for deck crew has dryed up at the mo, have ya tryed salamis theyr about the best my mate works for them he just bugged n bugged sent an email in every couple of days but he got a start il c if i can find anything else out#

have you done your survival yet m8

what are the chances of getting offshore aged 19 , Have just got my part two card and looking to do BOISET.

Hi stevie yea m8 i would say you could go offshore but just contact a couple of companys b4 you pay out for your survival salamis offshore or rigblast wud be worth a call and a note on doin your survival just do the bosiet I wouldnt do the olf (norwegian) part because in norway they changed things any norwegian training must be dun there so i think even i will have to go there and do me refresher/renew part over there to keep the norway ticket in date

what do you think about me doin my part 1 im 30 and been in the army and various projects construction demolition oil&gas but work is a bit quiet for me at the min what ya rekon much graft about & who wud you recomend contacting b4 i do me scaff part1 short course

30 i wis 33 when a started mate get in there do the graft listen to the boys that know there stuff , and some are just young mind , and you will be sound you being in the army mate ONCE yiv been trained yi cant be untrained , go get yer part one

---------- Post added at 11:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 PM ----------

when you do your BOISET steve ask about MIST mate , i think you can get both together, im just saying cause if you havent got a Vantage Card , what you will get when you check into yor first chopper flight and go offshore , your not classed as being offshore before SO KNOW they want MIST , Everyone before the next year is out ,that works offshore is going to have too do it at some point and if you havent been offshore and dont have a vantage card your going to be stung 400 plus for the wee B****** BUT if you ask when your doing your BOISET i know you will get it chucked in for an exstra 20 bucks or so , gez a shout if your booking your course and tell me how you got on . Oh and good luck wi geting off mate , do you not know anyone who works out there

---------- Post added 30th July 2010 at 12:08 AM ---------- Previous post was 29th July 2010 at 11:57 PM ----------

yoo from C b mate

The mist course was included with the boiset, when is the best, busiest time to get offshore, im from the briggs mate.

Hi anybody got any positive posts regarding work offshore .
any info would be great cheers

hi there im sorry about the comment on my status,my mate was round and has been on my comp,i was still logged in not thinking he was gona write **** on my wall,he has only just told me now wat he has dne,sorry if he has offended any 1

Salamis are about to start a construction project on the east brea platform , maybe worth a phone call .

i think so sean if you have not been offshore before,i think if you have an advantage card you may be ok but dont take this as gospel.im only going on what has been posted on here a few weeks ago mate.

Top Bottom