Monarflex Sheeting

Monarflex dispenser

Yeah I do have a few pics which they sent me once I had emailed them, so no doubt they will reply to you with the same images.

I bought one from them a couple of weeks ago now and wouldn't bother hanging Monarflex again without it!

Hi,

Thanks for that i am really intrigued to see the product as I hate wraping the bloody sheet. to be honest I dont totaly get the whole deal? How easy is it to set up and use the 'TubeMonkey'?

basically its a rotating bracket that fixes to a standard using 2 swivels, it holds the Monarflex whilst you unwind it.

There is a top bracket that acts as a brake so you can have the Monarflex release fast or slow.

Takes seconds to install and saves loads of time + takes all the stress out of the Monarflex getting snagged on everything.

Definitely worth a look...

I've come in to graft tonight & they want us to Monarflex (Fire Retardent) a welding tower. They don't have any "Bungee's" left & are telling us to use Zip-Ties???? Luckily they insist on it being attached internally but surely the whole point in Bungee's is the extra anchorage & elasticity they provide for the wind load!!?
It'll simply rip/blow away from Zip-Tie's. Is this allowed?
Sick of these ******* bending the rules to suit them.

Sorry to break the news but it's really, really bad practice to sheet the inside of the scaffold. The idea is that the sheeting should come away in high winds to relieve the loading on the structure. If its sheeted internally it can't do this effectively, turning the face of the scaffold into a giant sail. Of course, if scaffs would only install the specified amount of ties... ;)

Sent from my Fembot4000 using Tapatalk

Some good ideas there.Still seems strange that there's no device for holding the rolls while you unwind them.Give the Health and Safety time and no doubt they will bring out a raft of rules for hanging sheeting!!!

The Tube Monkey - a revolutionary tool to speed plastic scaffold sheet application > The Tube Monkey LLP here you will find the tool that you are looking for, we only released it on friday, hope this helps.

---------- Post added at 10:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 AM ----------

Hi,

Thanks for that i am really intrigued to see the product as I hate wraping the bloody sheet. to be honest I dont totaly get the whole deal? How easy is it to set up and use the 'TubeMonkey'?

Lardyboy, follow this link mate The Tube Monkey - a revolutionary tool to speed plastic scaffold sheet application > The Tube Monkey LLP it has the answer to all of your questions.

£379 imc. you're having a laugh.[/QUOT

I dont think so really, take the wages for 3 men hanging Monarflex for 1 day that will give you a total of around the same money, plus being a company you can claim the VAT back, so by the time the TubeMonkey has been used once it will have paid for itself and can be used for many more future projects, hence saving money every time it is in use.
Not only that, the job will be complete much faster than normal so will free up the scaffolders to erect more scaffolding rather than waste time hanging plastic.

Maybe so Tubemonkey but what you get for the money seems poor value to me. Maybe others will disagree.

What would you consider to be good value for money Swifty?

Considering a roll of Monarflex can cost up to £80 and non re-useable, not having a pop just interested in any feedback that I get, so that it can be taken into consideration.

Thanks.

£200 delivered I'd buy one today. Why not do a deal with the monarflex manufacturers so it comes free with orders over 30 rolls or something similar. We do reuse our monarflex and so do most companies I've worked for.

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated, I hope you get to use one someday soon as I think this may change your opinion when you see/use the product for yourself.

Send me a trial sample then. I think it looks good but too expensive perhaps I might change my mind.

been using somethig similar for years 2 butts 2 haki doubles apiece of electricians conduit and apiece of plywood with ahole drilled in it, not used it for years cos all the monarflex we use doesn't have the cardboard tube liner

I think its a nice bit of kit for the right project/environment

Top Bottom