Job adverts

Moaning about jobs because they don't match your expected rates isn't right. If you don't want the fecking job then don't apply. The fact some firms pay **** wages isn't new its been happening for fecking years. It sems everytime a job is posted a certain few members start slagging off. If the job isn't no good to you then fine , but it may interest someone else.
The fact is to those who do nowt but fecking moan there is money out there to be earned, have you ever started to wonder why you are getting paid sh1t money, probably cause your fecking sh1t at your job :mad:

I disagree.

If bad wages are offered and no one says anything, then eventually those will become the accepted rates of pay.
Am I right or wrong?

Same as if people dodge the fares on the Trains they are travelling on and no one stops it or fines them when they are caught... Sooner or later everyone will do it, as it will be accepted as the norm.
The: "If they can get away with it, so can I" attitude will come into play.

You was a Scaffolder once, yea?
If so, would you work for £8 an hour?

Like f.uck would you have...
And like f.uck should any of us.
Its insulting, to say the least.

Moaning about jobs because they don't match your expected rates isn't right. If you don't want the fecking job then don't apply. The fact some firms pay **** wages isn't new its been happening for fecking years. It sems everytime a job is posted a certain few members start slagging off. If the job isn't no good to you then fine , but it may interest someone else.
The fact is to those who do nowt but fecking moan there is money out there to be earned, have you ever started to wonder why you are getting paid sh1t money, probably cause your fecking sh1t at your job :mad:

Its people like you working for crap money thats bringing the game down.And by the way i dont get paid **** money, wind your fecking neck in.

---------- Post added at 04:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 PM ----------

I disagree.

If bad wages are offered and no one says anything, then eventually those will become the accepted rates of pay.
Am I right or wrong?

Same as if people dodge the fares on the Trains they are travelling on and no one stops it or fines them when they are caught... Sooner or later everyone will do it, as it will be accepted as the norm.
The: "If they can get away with it, so can I" attitude will come into play.

You was a Scaffolder once, yea?
If so, would you work for £8 an hour?

Like f.uck would you have...
And like f.uck should any of us.
Its insulting, to say the least.

100% correct Jason.

Its people like you working for crap money thats bringing the game down.And by the way i dont get paid **** money, wind your fecking neck in.

---------- Post added at 04:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 PM ----------

100% correct Jason.

I'm a firm believer that when your born into this world no one owes you a thing. What I earn as got feck all to do with you or anyone else. I'd rather work than be on the dole, if that means working for minimum wage so be it. I've worked for crap money at times but used a bit of initiative to supplement the crap wage. If you think that crap wages is a new thing where you been all your scaffolding career , theres always been sh1te payers in this industry, its not somthing new ???

PS

Its people like you that think there worth their weight in gold thats bringing this industry down , wind your fecking neck in.

I'm a firm believer that when your born into this world no one owes you a thing. What I earn as got feck all to do with you or anyone else. I'd rather work than be on the dole, if that means working for minimum wage so be it. I've worked for crap money at times but used a bit of initiative to supplement the crap wage. If you think that crap wages is a new thing where you been all your scaffolding career , theres always been sh1te payers in this industry, its not somthing new ???

PS

Its people like you that think there worth their weight in gold thats bringing this industry down , wind your fecking neck in.

totally agree Ian

I used my initiative to increase my wages also.
I put the effort into learning, saving, earning and doing every course i can find, to mean that if there is a list of potential employee's - im at the top.

This not only took time and effort, but i had to scrimp and save several thousand pounds of my own money to do this - NO ONE pays for my cards, i pay for my own ones, thank you very much.

After paying out all that money, from my own pocket and taking time to get said tickets, ill be f.ucked if im gonna graft for crap wages.

Its not gonna happen... id be a total c.unt if i did.

The problem is that the people offering £10 an hour or whatever WILL NOT bust their balls banging Scaffolding up for the same money that they are paying.
They simply are not going to do that.

Do people start Recruitment Firms, or Scaffolding Firms to pay their blokes top wages and earn nothing for themselves???
Do you even need me to answer that?

No... they do it to earn money.

Do they take work on for f.uck all?
They do... but ONLY if it to benefit them later down the line, with 'little favours' for extra work later down the line and stuff.

I dont go to work expecting to take the piss out of someone, who i work for.
I go to work, looking to give them a good days work, for a good days money - and for my fee i will come in early everyday, i will work hard, i will not go home early or take the piss and i will put 100% into each Scaffold i erect or strike.

For that, i expect a fair days money and £10 an hour is NOT fair.
Its a total ******* mug off and a total f.ucking piss take.

You pay what you get for, like anything in life.
You wanna pay shiit wages, dont expect me to work my balls off for f.uck all, because its not gonna happen.

Not to me, or anyone else. :mad:

What are we??? a load of thick c.unts or something?!?

What are we??? a load of thick c.unts or something?!?

No were not thick *****, but when we have certain members on here telling everyone they are killing this industry because they would rather work than sit on the dole pisses me off. Who the feck people think they are telling other forum members what they should and shouldn't work for is beyond me.

PS

I dont think i am any different from anyone else. ive been in the game along time but one things for sure i will never work for crap money and whats getting advertised on hear is a fecking disgrace. you want to work for it carry on.

I dont think i am any different from anyone else. ive been in the game along time but one things for sure i will never work for crap money and whats getting advertised on hear is a fecking disgrace. you want to work for it carry on.

Who says I do ???? What I'm saying is I wouldn't be suggesting what others should work for.

Who says I do ???? What I'm saying is I wouldn't be suggesting what others should work for.

There is alot of lads on hear been saying the same thing for months. About these adverts for crap money i suggest you read them.

I've been scaffolding 10 years and before anyone chats **** about experience.I couldn't give a ****,I come from an army background and I've never met a bigger bunch of backstabbing ******** in my life.90% of scaffolders are ******* rats who would rob the eyes out of your sockets and come back later and take the sockets.you two lads seem decent fellas,I agree with Jason who says money is going **** and fellas shouldn't work for a tenner an hour.but I also take the other lads point over a tenner is better than nothing.my opinion is we should be on bluebook rate on every job.these firms pay **** money because there is always some one who'll do it.if every one was in the union(unite).these companies would have no choice but to raise the money.one other thing I've worked with excellent,good,fair bad and totally **** scaffolders.so what everyone has a right to provide for there family.if you gave a monkey a nut and said tie that double off,the monkey would do it.at the end of the week you would go threw a bag of nuts,but the monkey would erect a 6 lift tower.my point is fellas blow this job up to be something to brag about.does not matterwhetheryou put up 500 ft a day,all that matters is what goes in the bank every Friday.

Lads,I think we all get the point from both sides here. As stated before,the economy,s not great. For those of you on decent rates,perhaps you dont want others working for less,as it may compromise your own wages in the future. Yes got that. Others who need the work will take it to get by. Got that...Its a catch 22 and it aint going to improve in the near future. Those with the most to lose will shout loudest. Those trying to get by wont give up. Im still in favour of posting jobs on here whatever the rate. Your Choice!

I've been scaffolding 10 years and before anyone chats **** about experience.I couldn't give a ****,I come from an army background and I've never met a bigger bunch of backstabbing ******** in my life.90% of scaffolders are ******* rats who would rob the eyes out of your sockets and come back later and take the sockets.you two lads seem decent fellas,I agree with Jason who says money is going **** and fellas shouldn't work for a tenner an hour.but I also take the other lads point over a tenner is better than nothing.my opinion is we should be on bluebook rate on every job.these firms pay **** money because there is always some one who'll do it.if every one was in the union(unite).these companies would have no choice but to raise the money.one other thing I've worked with excellent,good,fair bad and totally **** scaffolders.so what everyone has a right to provide for there family.if you gave a monkey a nut and said tie that double off,the monkey would do it.at the end of the week you would go threw a bag of nuts,but the monkey would erect a 6 lift tower.my point is fellas blow this job up to be something to brag about.does not matterwhetheryou put up 500 ft a day,all that matters is what goes in the bank every Friday.
I agree about the blue book rate, ive said this for years we should all be on the same rate and we should have our own union. Good reply by the way.

No were not thick *****, but when we have certain members on here telling everyone they are killing this industry because they would rather work than sit on the dole pisses me off. Who the feck people think they are telling other forum members what they should and shouldn't work for is beyond me.

Thats fair enough.
If people have to work for lesser wages, it dont make them lesser people. If you need to feed your family you have to do what you have to do.
Ive had times where ive had to work for crap money, like everyone - my problem is, is the attitudes of the ones offering the money...

Dont piss in our pockets and tell us its raining, is all we ask.
Dont offer us shiit money and expect us to smile and take it - like some kind of numpty.

I agree. Totally.
I AM a Scaffolder. I always have been, i always will be.

But, as years go by it seems that Scaffolders are slowly disappearing only to be replaced by total f.ucking lowlife grassing scum.

Its not getting any better either.
Scaffolders are getting worser at their jobs and getting better at arse-licking.
Breaks my heart.
Its people like THAT who are killing our game.

Lads,I think we all get the point from both sides here. As stated before,the economy,s not great. For those of you on decent rates,perhaps you dont want others working for less,as it may compromise your own wages in the future. Yes got that. Others who need the work will take it to get by. Got that...Its a catch 22 and it aint going to improve in the near future. Those with the most to lose will shout loudest. Those trying to get by wont give up. Im still in favour of posting jobs on here whatever the rate. Your Choice!

I find that by shouting load, that im usually the one collecting my P45 when things get quiet.

But you know what mate?
I dont give a shiit... I dont go to work to be taken a mug of. I go to work to Scaffold and get paid for it. :)

frederik, its got nothing to do with whos got the most to lose, or compromise. You have only got to look at the adverts on hear the past 2/3 months one firm advertises for £9/£10 per hour and there all doing it.

Well said J. No offence meant to anyone here. I respect everyones opinions.We all have our own point of view,otherwise I wouldnt be on this forum. Its an important debate tho. Good luck to all.

I agree about the blue book rate, ive said this for years we should all be on the same rate and we should have our own union. Good reply by the way.

like all footballers are on the same rate? all chefs? all gardeners/greenkeepers?
in this game like any other there is good and bad scaffs, some are not worth the £10 an hour some are worth £20+.
have you noticed why it is only sh1t rated jobs that are advertised? because good jobs don't get advertised? its more word of mouth in this game and many others.
like Ian i have also worked for some terrible rates(when needed) but it has never been for long, also when your in work its easier to find work so if lads want to do it just let them????
when i started i worked for a firm who werent the best but they weren't the worst, but it was MY personal goal to work for the best payer in the area and i did, and when someone else payed more or better conditions i moved on and so did some others, however there was always the same lads who stopped there as THEY were happy,(some of the lads are still there now) still living in their council houses with no car and just plodding on for beer money, I am not knocking that because that is what THEY want, its just not for ME.

Ive said it before on this forum , even in lean times good spanner hands are seldom out of work and always command a decent rate , too many think this game owes them a living simply because they have spent a couple of weeks at a CITB training center and have a shinny piece of plastic with scaffolder written on it !

Top Bottom