is the forum dying

The problem with forums is getting the members to contribute. There are plenty of members who read the forums but never post. Some became members in order to view all the threads, especially the Job one. That's fine as we all have our own comfort zones.

I think your right regarding the number of members who don't post regardless of what other's say there is a few spies on this forum.:mad:

Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean their not out to get me.:suspicious::D

Theres someone behind you. :eek:

"careless talk cost lives " be careful what you say lads you never know whos listing :notrust:

I knew I should have used a pseudonym, oh well.

i think you'll also find it's the back end of sumemr, forums always tail off in the summer, people are working a bit later, playing footie with their kids etc. I think in the short time the forum has been up, it's grown at a fantastic rate and is becoming a vital resource, not to mention giving those at the pointy end a voice.

as for the spies, you will always get those on any trade forum. the only way to get rd of them is to have a cull of members eery now and again. get admins to pm everyone who hasn't posted in say 6 months, telling them their accoutn will be deleted and they will need to re-register if they haven't posted a certin number of posts within 28 days.

it's better to ahve a core of say 200 who contribute regulerly, than 1000 members with only a few posting. I hope the forum continues for a long time, as long as you have unity, you have strength.

Hi Guys

I can safely assure you all that the forum is not dying, it's quite the opposite in fact.

August Scaffolders Forum Statistics are as Follows:

Unique Visitors - 23,425 - NEW RECORD - Up by 3,000 on previous month
Page Views - 385,108 - NEW RECORD - Up by 70,000 on previous month
New Members - 466 - NEW RECORD - Up by 58 on previous month

The number of new threads doesn't feel any less or more than usual, however the number of posts made has increased massively!

I believe the forum will continue to grow rapidly over the next couple of years as search engine rankings improve and the word is spread.

By this time next year I believe we will have between 7,000 and 8,000 members onboard.

Best Regards

SF Admin

Last edited:
I think that pretty well say's it all admin.

From my part I have been tied down with work to get much time on here, just get to have 5-10mins to see whats new.

Learned quite a bit since I found this site, hope it goes from strength to strength.

Some great stats there, always good to have some tangibles to answer a critic. As with any forum there is likely to be a point where all the 'obvious' questions have been answered. thankfully there are enough knowedgeable people on here and enough newbies to keep the level of interest and growth ticking along nicely. Long may it continue, not to mention the spin offs regarding the SCCR etc, I've seen a lot of great things develop since its infancy.

alright i was just a bit bored and possibly a little bit drunk . i was probably trying to push people into starting new threads cos i love reading them . i hope its not dying and dont think it is but iv found my self turning into a sad tw@t thats addicted to this forum . it gives me the info and ammunition to argue my case against hse , brain dead supervisors and site managers . i love the look on there faces when i start quoting rules and regulations that i would know nothing about if it wasnt for this forum . i totally agree that this is great for the scaffolding industry and its only fault is it should have happened a long time ago . keep up the good work and sorry if i upset any one

Don't think you upset anyone Allan, It's what it's all about, voice an opinion.

Hi Allan,

I don't think you upset anyone either. I always think it's a shame that members join but are reluctant to join in. But then, as long as the posters that do post keep it lively and fresh, that's fine!

I think the posted stats were of great interest too... :)

alright i was just a bit bored and possibly a little bit drunk . i was probably trying to push people into starting new threads cos i love reading them . i hope its not dying and dont think it is but iv found my self turning into a sad tw@t thats addicted to this forum . it gives me the info and ammunition to argue my case against hse , brain dead supervisors and site managers . i love the look on there faces when i start quoting rules and regulations that i would know nothing about if it wasnt for this forum . i totally agree that this is great for the scaffolding industry and its only fault is it should have happened a long time ago . keep up the good work and sorry if i upset any one

everyone is entitled to their opinion allan and i dont think you have upset anyone mate :)

That is a definate NO. where working damm hard in the background , putting all the bits together for the meeting in OCT . which everything will be posted on the sccr website to members . sorry but too many spies on here to give any info. So my ADVICE is JOIN the sccr. YOU want the voice, we need the members.

there have been less and less new threads lately . has everything been covered ? come on new threads to help pass my boring drunken life. :cry:
I like to give the forum a rest for a week or so,then come back and see whats been going on and whats happened.

I can say that I am suprised at how many new members you see joining from week to week when you adopt this tactic.

Lot of people in management are trying hard now to secure work over the winter now ,so less time on the forum having the crack with the lads.

Top Bottom