Handy Tips and Tricks - Wanna share any?

Never ever trust a smoggie with a gold card it s stolen off his grandad from Newcastle

Hi guys.

Do any of you have any special tips regarding Scaffolding?
They can be anything from certain ways to base a job out or how to carry things, like different sized boards and stuff. - Literally anything you wanna share, please do so.

Ill start off.
I do a thing i call a: 'Swap Puncheon'.

hs_products_aluminium_beam_image_1.jpg

Its basically a nice and easy way for someone to put a puncheon on a beam, on their own and without any help. (Great if your working 2 handed and your sitting on the beams, without anyone being close to help you put a puncheon on.)

What i do is...

• I get my mate to chuck me a double, whilst on the beam and then get him to measure up 18-20 inches or so from the bottom of the puncheon and put the 'check fitting' straight on the tube.
  • Whilst they are doing this, i put my double on the TOP staunchen of the beam.
  • I then get my mate to pass me the puncheon and slide it into the top staunchen's double, sliding down until the 'check fitting' sits nicely in the double.
  • I then do up my top double and take the 'check fitting' off, and place it on the bottom staunchen.
  • Then voilà - The puncheon has been safety added to the beam, with next to no effort on your part AND your mate hasn't had to struggle to jump out on the beam with you and hold the tube, whilst you do it up. :)
  • (Works great if your punching up with 21fts/16fts, as you can do it really easy.)

How about you guys?
Got any handy tips?
Anything you wish to share with your fellow Scaffolders?

just use a single for speed, it only has one nut on it.
cockneys are full of *****, good at talking, couldnt put a ******* ironing board up

at least you can understand a cockney which helps as for ironing thats what you get married for ante it lol!!!

just use a single for speed, it only has one nut on it.
cockneys are full of *****, good at talking, couldnt put a ******* ironing board up

LMFAO!
Ill remember that one, for when im telling a joke to my 4 year old. :bigsmile:

Think 1 of the best ones I've heard is ' scaffolder ? He couldn't erect his d*ck '
Now that's a classic ! :)

c tht check fittin ur puttin on jst attach tht to beam then put bottom double on then check fittins then u dont have to slide nowt big man viol and for another tip bud when u ever have to pick the sag out with pick ups u can use ur check fittin and small butt hey presto

I got one...

Never listens to diickheads who have only posted less then 15 times in 2 years.

How about that tip?

c tht check fittin ur puttin on jst attach tht to beam then put bottom double on then check fittins then u dont have to slide nowt big man viol and for another tip bud when u ever have to pick the sag out with pick ups u can use ur check fittin and small butt hey presto

:confused::confused:speak english pal:toung::toung:

More like tell the prick to learn how to type correctly...

Heres one for any labourers trying to carry tubes or boards
If you bring your elbow up to the level of what ever you are carrying and leave a little bit of weight to the rear, flop your arm over the board/tube it will bring the meat in your shoulder up and create a bigger platform for the object to sit on rather than on that one place that it sits in and is giving you sleepless nights. The scaffs will be saying thats obvious but they might not be telling you because it is so obvious to them
I know there will be posts that say just wait until your shoulder turns to leather and it will stop hurting but this is the 21 century and things need to change
Suck it and see

Last edited:
Always send the new boy to the gaffer to find out where he keeps the Fallopian tubes. Guaranteed to get a warm response.

Ha ha, works as well tho J. useful tips as per thread,soakin it all up.:bigsmile:

When passing kit up off the floor, push to full arms stretch you lazy useless fekking labourer

Dont post a thread calling freeloaders parasites you wouldnt beleive the greif it causes

Last edited:
Top Bottom