Every one has done it.. why i ask ...

simmo

Reaction score
another one that has puzzled me .

when hilti ties are used

Why o why do scaffs put check fittings agianst the rings

hilti rings are for a striaght pull. not a sideways load

any theorys on this

habit and i do 1 side to stop the butt from poping out if it did go but then again the ring would just bend

i have been told to do this by mr hse

couldnt be bothered to argue

Hilti ties have no tie value any way other than in pull. Ive seen loads of people do it but cant see the point myself.

I also put a double as a check fitting agaisnt the ring and now i think about it i cant see any reason for it , must have seen my old chargehands do it and followed suit , just one of those things i did not question .

I never ever put a check on a hilti ring bolt , as said above they are for a strait pull . A check may put side stresses on the bolt working it loose and damaging the building .

A good question Simmo. Like some others on here I have done it out of habit for ever, I think as a scaff you get used to checking most things unless they come from the ground. I know it has no value but will probably carry on doing it anyway. I was never the sharpest.:amuse:

never done it ,its pointless but you do see it a lot , i always put the butt a little on the slant then when you tighten it it takes up any slack on the ring

i no it shoud be one tube through two rings .but at every 4m sq. it can be diffacult ( windows , juliet rails , single brick piers, etc )
so we have to put a single butt hanging down from the ledgers off a under slung transom on doubles , yep , told the second fix to leave the checks off the ring
the job aint going to jump up and run off , lol

always done it always will i suppouse,seen many fine scaffolders do it,if its good enough or them it certinly good enough for me.

Top Bottom