Erection time

Vladster

Reaction score
I was wondering what is your erection time for 250 m2 of T&F with 4 people ?

I know it depends on many other factors, but lets take for example one wall 10m high, 25m long, fully boarded. Work without the use of a crane.

I was wondering what is your erection time for 250 m2 of T&F with 4 people ?

I know it depends on many other factors, but lets take for example one wall 10m high, 25m long, fully boarded. Work without the use of a crane.

2 days.

How many working hours you calculate per day per person 8, 10 , 12 ?

How many working hours you calculate per day per person 8, 10 , 12 ?

Mate, it's dependant on a lot of factors.

If the men are not great scaffolders, then it could take a week to erect.

Allow 2 days for a properly erected 25.0 x 1.5 x 10.0m tube & fitting scaffold, fully boarded with DHR, erected to SG4:10 by a decent scaffold gang familiar with T&F in reasonable weather conditions.

Anything else would be a complete guess.

Last edited:
Thanks for the answers guys. I see i made a question with to many X and Y :bigsmile:

we just done one couple of days ago 30m x 2.6 x 12m n took 2days, that was with 3 scaffs n 1 labourer..

Worked for years at an output rate of 8ft per Hour (2.4m), setting out rates were 6/7ft per hour (1.8m). This was an industry benchmark and all decent scaffold firms paid it

so a job 60m X 3lifts

1st lift 60m divided by 1.8m ph. = 33 man hours

2nd lift 60m divided by 2.4m ph = 25 man hours

3rd lift 60m divided by 2.4m ph. = 25 man hours

If you were three handed 27 hours each at your craft rate (the odd couple of hours were taken by the chargehand)

One lift of boards and ladder access were included in the price

Yes we were better paid, plus the scaffs of today have that much H&S crap to put with.

In layher, we would make with three men in a day , and tube and fitting is def 2 days

Last edited:
Top Bottom