Cardiff Collapse some time ago ..

lucky there wernt but previous poster mentioned this lead to kwikform pulling out of commercial scaffold market

I remember it well !

I know a bit about this as i was, er.....conected to someone inside the company at the time and i was told that there were many long hours spent shredding documents and replacing them and adding others.

It was obvious what had happened and although the winds were very high that night, properly erected, all that might have blown off was some of the netting.

Kwikform didn't pull out after that, they changed their trading name to RMD and hired stuff out until a few years ago when they re-introduced the Kwikform name and they are currently called RMDKwikform, trading out of the same yard where they were at the time of the collapse, with (i'm led to believe), many of the staff from that time still employed somewhere in the company.

I remember it well !

I know a bit about this as i was, er.....conected to someone inside the company at the time and i was told that there were many long hours spent shredding documents and replacing them and adding others.

It was obvious what had happened and although the winds were very high that night, properly erected, all that might have blown off was some of the netting.

Kwikform didn't pull out after that, they changed their trading name to RMD and hired stuff out until a few years ago when they re-introduced the Kwikform name and they are currently called RMDKwikform, trading out of the same yard where they were at the time of the collapse, with (i'm led to believe), many of the staff from that time still employed somewhere in the company.
Is that the same rmd as of rapid metal developments, have they gone into partnership with kwikform or was it a takeover by one or the other ?.

both are owned by interserve formerly known as tilbury douglas i think , also known as fk multiservices ect ect

Aye there are too many ways to make a cock up with mechanical anchors. We now ony use the chemical ones. Less room for user error with the chemical.

Top Bottom