Are SGB/harsco still out there

yes sgb/harsco are still playing scaffolding... never seem to sign up there jobs. have plenty to do on crossrail and some lumps out on the street. have a look at the top of guys hospital as well...
rumour be told that SGB will be coming back.. SGB on the bank statements but harsco on the hard hat...

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

Think SGB are doing the new centre parcs @ Woburn
but are subbin all the work to a labour agency ABC

Yes... I have heard.. apparently is the job that NO ONE wants to work on.. on price, mud up to your knees, scaff step and.... well.. I will stop there..

yes sgb/harsco are still playing scaffolding... never seem to sign up there jobs. have plenty to do on crossrail and some lumps out on the street. have a look at the top of guys hospital as well...
rumour be told that SGB will be coming back.. SGB on the bank statements but harsco on the hard hat...

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

Yes... I have heard.. apparently is the job that NO ONE wants to work on.. on price, mud up to your knees, scaff step and.... well.. I will stop there..

No price on there and theres over 35 scaffolders on there so cant be that bad

Hello I work for harsco and we are still about in Glasgow , there is not much work going about and they have paid a lot of the scaffolder off last month or two I think it was about 30 scaffolders and a supervisor and there is talks of 25 more scaffolder going on there notice.

A terrible shame - the name should be a world leader but they **** it when the recession kicked in and closed everything in sight.

Getting rid of the name was lunacy.

Agreed changing the name from SGB to Arsco could be classed as one of the worst business moves ever

Harsco infastructure

Harsco are still hanging in there just. Where I live they have lost 2 major contracts in the past 6 months to Hertel. I have been working on Scunthorpe steel works recently for Harsco through Vital Resources job agency. The agency are making promises that they cant deliver.Just last week around 6 scaffs were taken on for a minimum of 2 weeks they got just 1 12 hour shift. All they keep saying is that there is a 6 to 8 week shutdown starting any time soon. Dangling carrots. the sooner Harsco f..k off the better.

Agreed changing the name from SGB to Arsco could be classed as one of the worst business moves ever

Harsco Corporation who took over its an American thang

Just another decision to eliminate one of Britains recognised International names.

Yanks never fully recovered from the war of Independence.

Top Bottom