3 Day Scaffolders Course

I Dont Think So Brandy,As Far As Im Aware The Base Course Has Been Going For A While But Like I Said, Its Really Not Aimed At Scaffolders,Its Mainly For Brickies,Roofers Etc, To Erect Roof Edge Protection And Such Like,If You Have Done The Base Course, Although There Is A Card You Cannot Be Considered A Scaffolder You Also Cannot Erect Anything Over Five Meters,

Anyone who wants to check out the cisrs website they can read the base course criteria, it's in cap 609, it is 5 days and it gives you a base card. It has a strict entrance format and it's 5 days not 3. It has been around for 30 years however a 3 day course is just a course that would only give you a certificate. As we all know and it's stated on many threads that non regulated courses that don't give you a card are fraught with danger and if your client asks for cards you need to do the regulated one.

We sell the base course alongside CITB we have trained 3 people in 3 years, they are popular in Scotland for builders.

Most builders who ring up for system training don't ring back when we tell them it's five days as they want it in one. We have people ring up asking for one day edge protection courses, when I explain we don't do this because I spent the first six months dropping my spanner they normally go somewhere else.

Anyone can offer a course and it can be as long and as short as they like, it's easy to say it's cisrs but it's not, facts need to be researched before shouting on here about it. I have recently come across a scaffold training provider in UAE who is doing training in a third floor apartment, does he do the truss out from his window.

Ian

brandy

Thats the Wire slung Scaffold ;)

Simian---do we know who id operating in the UAE---has Cape East got an interest ?...

Cape have a large interest all over the UAE but I find most principal contractors employ their own immigrant scaffs. A lot of supervision are educated people but not scaffs again Indian labour.

---------- Post added at 12:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 AM ----------

Why pay a Brit a grand a week when you bam pay an Indian 200-500 a month

Simain

Indeed, and I am aware of the blue collar guest workers---just wondering what was the curriculum...

The UAE and Principalities have of late recognized the need for Scaffold Training ( safebuild web site ) is a testimony to their commitment, however, long way to go...

Hi lads good to hear that the 3 day course is not a cisrs one and is aimed at builders as we need to protect our industry every way we can. we need to make sure that scaffolders are recignised for the dangeruos work we do and how important it is to the uk as a whole. we also need to protect our long term prospects by not allowing non scaffolders to become scaffold instructors as i mentioned in another link. thanks lads and work safe :)

Top Bottom