youngsters forum

Well.... lot of the old uns are down the pub moaning about idiots on a forum and telling everyone who'll listen about that hanger they once did.....

You old uns who have not only worked out how to turn a computer on.... but how to type and click "Post reply" are the unique, talented few. And we applaud you.

The only hanger youve probably seen Flinty,is hanging in your wardrobe

Unfortunately for the young uns they'll never experience the glory day's when scaff's were allowed to demonstrate their apptitude and guile,the upside for them is that you are far safer going to work nowaday's than we ever were,but the danger jobs always gave you a sense of achievement just making it into the boozer at the end of the shift:eek:;)

step aside OAPS young gun coming through!

yes they are comeing through!!!! thats why most jobs in scaffolding are cisrs trained scafolders only.but wait for it!!! let the drums roll:laugh: must have solid or checkable work history i think the young lads are the future but us olde victor meldrews learnt the game the right way i think the clients are starting to realise at last!!! that tickets dont make scaffolders. cards on table yes the game moves forward and yes there are a few young scafffolders that are comeing through the ranks but!!! when the partys and goverment from above made the ecitb scaffolder go back to collage after 25 years with a perfectly good ticket to re train it makes you wonder:laugh: enjoy it lads your be a victor meldrew one day and your see the game from my eyes lol!!!

To be fair the same can be said of most trades - in my previous life there was a clear trend. Most tradesmen over 50yrs old were proper craftsmen having gone thru old school apprentiships. Then there was a load of dross 30-50 - bad work attitude, self tought and low skill. Then reassuringly with new training and apprentiships back in fashion we saw some quality young guys coming thru.

Top Bottom