You Have Been Warned

general manager

Reaction score
[1]
SAFETY BULLETIN
9th January 2012
LAST WARNING FOR SCAFFOLDERS...................
Four scaffolders were recently spotted erecting a scaffold in the centre of Manchester
on a Sunday morning.
The company they worked for had prepared Risk Assessments and Method Statements
and selected gangs scaffolders who they felt were competent to undertake the work
they had been asked to do.
Throughout the morning the scaffolders had based out the scaffolding and were now
working on the first and second lift.
A member of the public took photographs of the scaffolders working in an unsafe
manner (not complying with SG4:10). These photographs were then forwarded to the
HSE by the member of the public.
The HSE contacted the Director’s of the company and asked for an explanation.
The HSE then asked the Director’s and the four scaffolders involved to attend a meeting
at the HSE offices in Grove House Manchester were the four scaffolders were then asked
to explain their actions. The photographs that were forwarded to the HSE were very
damming to the scaffolders failure to ensure that they followed their training and the
information that had been communicated to them from their Risk assessments and
Method Statements.
In recent months a number of scaffolders have received Prohibition Notices under the
Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 for similar bad practice. After a discussion between
the HSE, the Directors of the company and Clarke Health and Safety Consultants Limited
it was agreed on this occasion that these bad working practices would not be tolerated
by the HSE in any future instances.
This bulletin should be shown to all scaffolders as a warning that the HSE will not
tolerate any more breaches of SG4:10.

This member of the public should get a fuk.in hobby... sad *******.

Which firm was the member of the public from? Is this a growing trend?

Im not condoning the bad practices of these lads/company...but the jobs hard enough as it is without the scaffold papparazzi chucking their oar in...
I wonder if a certain company owner from Sheffield with blue tube was on a day trip to Manky Chester

Im not condoning the bad practices of these lads/company...but the jobs hard enough as it is without the scaffold papparazzi chucking their oar in...
I wonder if a certain company owner from Sheffield with blue tube was on a day trip to Manky Chester

You mean

BertPortrait.jpg

:D

I think every scaffolder in Sheffield, Barnsley and Chesterfield know which firm you are on about now

i didnt realise the hse would act on pictures sent in . im going out with my camera the weekend , the baldy little tw*t who thinks he s untouchable cos hes in nasc is gonna be sick

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

Mark Clarke thoughts please below.
eh

Will get even worse come april !, They become self funding ?

Berts mob do put a tidy job up though... think you'll be waiting a long time with that camera.. :bigsmile:

safety bloke asked us not to advance the guardrails as he thinks its better for us to stand on a boarded lift not a small platform

gonna miss it when this job is done

i didnt realise the hse would act on pictures sent in . im going out with my camera the weekend , the baldy little tw*t who thinks he s untouchable cos hes in nasc is gonna be sick

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

eh

L M F A O:laugh::laugh:

Bert Rowland and all the family R pricks or fecking drugs taking over doses

sg4 is a guidline, not legislation correct me if im wrong.
and i would also like to add that the use of photographs is not permitted without the consent of the persons permission as it breaches privacy laws.
the social security cant use it so what right do the hse have to use it

And the 'member of the public' should be strung up for being a no-good slimy grass!

Top Bottom