You bend it....you mend it..

Come on Dico a prang 200 miles away ? , aint like he took the old woman down to tescos and had a prang :laugh:

Dunno if that last remark was aimed at me dico or havespanner....
Like i said ok to drive around town ...but me thinks maybe extracting the urine slightly to smash it up on a jolly - miles from home without authority to do so

Yeah could open your self to unfsair dismissal yes but only if you dont go down the right routes....... Have they got contracts? Driving works van out of work hours other than the commute can be ground of dismissal .......... Gross misconductunder =miss use of works proppery

Come on Dico a prang 200 miles away ? , aint like he took the old woman down to tescos and had a prang :laugh:

didnt realise it was 200 miles a way!! now that is takeing the p!! fair play phillios

would make them pay for it mate, out of intrest how did you get on with the insurance paying out, i had a crash couple of years back and they want to know what the truck was being used for and all sorts and it belonged to me.

Insurance is a fleet policy with no hidden covenents just the normal £500 excess...the claim included the recovery but not a replacement & was quite simple with few probs other then they paid guide value which was undervalued..was a 4 seater peugeot partner on a 56 reg with the excess lost gonna be outa pocket by around 2k to replace for the same

had a phone call a few years ago southernpoofter one off our gang smashed into a car one evening didnt stop hid the motor round the back off hes house cheeky sod rang me in the evening and said would i mind takeing the blame otherwise he would get the sack lol!!! yeah right i said he got sacked week later

Going back a while lad took van to newcastle got pulled drink driving about 10x limit got banned got sacked been back to the firm about 5 times since lol

I had a similar problem a while back. I was just disappointed, he didn't last long when it came to light what was going on.

Prangs happen all the time, but at the moment I have a van with square wheels as the fella reversed into a soft grass verge at 2 mph and a truck with tyres that looks like it's got the mumps it's been curbed that often. I'm supposed to believe some guff when it comes to explaining exactly what happened.:suspicious:

Got to be honest SP, think I would be looking at charging him for the damage if it was his fault.

Like I said earlier,most see company property as something that's free and it doesn't matter if it gets abused,most don't deserve good kit,it particulary irks you when you think I was never this abusive to company property:mad:

I had a similar problem a while back. I was just disappointed, he didn't last long when it came to light what was going on.

Prangs happen all the time, but at the moment I have a van with square wheels as the fella reversed into a soft grass verge at 2 mph and a truck with tyres that looks like it's got the mumps it's been curbed that often. I'm supposed to believe some guff when it comes to explaining exactly what happened.:suspicious:

Got to be honest SP, think I would be looking at charging him for the damage if it was his fault.

SOUNDS LIKE A FAIRY TALE TO ME THAT MARRA THAT THE RESPONCE WE GOT FROM THE OLD GAFFER WHEN OUT GOT BROKE 1 INSTANST, STRIPPING A JO JOB NEXT TO A RIVER IT HAD A METAL CHECKER PLATE CANTRY ,SO WAS ON TOP OF THAT .THE LAD STRIPPING THE 5S OUT OF BOTTOM LIFT HAD LEFT THEM STOOD UP, I COME BEHIND HIM STRIPPING THE REST OUT I DONT KNOW WEATHER I KNOCKED IT WITH ME FOOT OR WHEN I LIFTED INSIDE STANDARD OUT AND DROPPED IT DOWN AGIIN IT SET OFF ROOLING I WHENT TO GRAB IT WHEN I HERD IT,IT ROLLED ROUND THE WINDOW FRAME (ROUNED SANDSTONE) AND TAPPED A SASH WINDOW, RUNG HIM HE CAME OUT I TOLD HIM WHAT AV JUST ROTE HE HIS REPLY WAS THAT SOUND LIKE A FEKIGN FAIRYTALE TO ME MARRA. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Wish I could say the same BF, we were all young once and I do remember taking great care of the kit better than I would have my own, spending more time than was financially viable retrieving sole pads and base plates as I hate waste of any form but it would have been cheaper sometimes to leave them and get the firm just to replace them. I also remember being as rough as with the firms transport though. It was more ignorance than malice though as I viewed the trucks as just glorified wheel barrows and gave them little respect, even carried it on when I first started on my own until I realised the cost, soon changed my ways, think it's just human nature.

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

SOUNDS LIKE A FAIRY TALE TO ME THAT MARRA THAT THE RESPONCE WE GOT FROM THE OLD GAFFER WHEN OUT GOT BROKE 1 INSTANST, STRIPPING A JO JOB NEXT TO A RIVER IT HAD A METAL CHECKER PLATE CANTRY ,SO WAS ON TOP OF THAT .THE LAD STRIPPING THE 5S OUT OF BOTTOM LIFT HAD LEFT THEM STOOD UP, I COME BEHIND HIM STRIPPING THE REST OUT I DONT KNOW WEATHER I KNOCKED IT WITH ME FOOT OR WHEN I LIFTED INSIDE STANDARD OUT AND DROPPED IT DOWN AGIIN IT SET OFF ROOLING I WHENT TO GRAB IT WHEN I HERD IT,IT ROLLED ROUND THE WINDOW FRAME (ROUNED SANDSTONE) AND TAPPED A SASH WINDOW, RUNG HIM HE CAME OUT I TOLD HIM WHAT AV JUST ROTE HE HIS REPLY WAS THAT SOUND LIKE A FEKIGN FAIRYTALE TO ME MARRA. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Aye, but it does show you what they think of my intelligence level when they expect me to swallow their guff. To be honest, I kind of expect it from the young team as I have done it myself but please don't insult me with stupid fairytales.

Ahahah am the oppsite way round ill look asfter any yan eles stuff no problem, you wanna see the state of my car i use that as a gloryfied dumping ground if they looked close enough thed find a cure for cance in it am sure lol,

FFS, what is it with you c@nts you can't even clean out your own motor? The amount of times I have handed the keys to a driver, tell him to keep it clean and look after it like hos own just to catch a glimpse of the inside of his own car and I swear there was something moving under all these crisp packets. :sick:

Dont get me rong our lasses cars very tidy lol but again its not mine av got a p reg piesta cost £600 it was bourght for the sole use of getting me to work and back tip runs and the like if we go any were we go in hers her cars now got more miles than mine lol p reg sitting on 48,000 lol

As I told you earlier marra, the Jag now has 8K on it after 2 years, nothing more than a glorified shopping trolley, the jeep has 12K in about 10 months, don't ask how many the trucks have.

I will certainly check out the link marra, nice one thanks. My brother is a cop but not traffic so he is not entirely sure but he reckons I will get a knock on the door probably next week as they have 14 days to notify a court appearance will be required. Nothing yet, but trying to plan for the worst.:(

i will certainly check out the link marra, nice one thanks. My brother is a cop but not traffic so he is not entirely sure but he reckons i will get a knock on the door probably next week as they have 14 days to notify a court appearance will be required. Nothing yet, but trying to plan for the worst.:(

tell them it was ya bro using it on a private 999 call thell look after each other, mitigating circumstances rember that 1

sorry dom!!! not nice when you get picked out on the forum is it!! truth is haverspanner you do bounce off certain people what the hell you going on about fish and chips as for the prang yes insurance will paye for it. it may off been a accident and if your allowed to drive the vehicle out of hours then the odd trip shoudnt be a problem!! your another that thinks he knows it all

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

listen haverspanner you may be able to run a big job with 40 indians abroad yes sir no sir. try running a outage in england with 40 british scaffolders you wouldnt last a week used to think you were okay but your dom through and through my spelling may not be brilliant but thats why i become a scaffolder go and bounce somewhere

What makes you think I haven't run jobs in England? A walk in the park compared to running a job in Australia where the lads bite back and stick to their principles.
You are entitled to have an opinion so am I.

Top Bottom