You bend it....you mend it..

S

southernpoofter

Here's a question for the forum..i'd be interested to hear the differnt veiws.
You give a guy a start who uve knoen for sereval years & is a good scaff he's given a van & fuel card to get to & from work.and is asked to keep it clean & tidy.- if he wishes to use it for personal trips around town he must use his own fuel. Any further use out of hours must be ok'd by me... does that sound fair.

During a bank holiday week end the scaff abuses both the van & fuel card to the tune of £300 whilst using it to help one of his family members move down to the west country. Neither ok'd by me. & he cant see what he has done is wrong...
Several months later after. Once again the van is used out of work hours unortherised, only this time he has a rear end shunt over 200 miles away & rights off the van....

So either as a boss or as a worker i'd be interested to know how youd deal with this situation.i know what i did but just wanna get other peoples veiws

Well hes a scaff what did you expect.
On a serious note had a boy years ago who i kept telling to watch the lorry when he got the gear of cause he kept wacking the cab any way one day he put a long straight through the windscreen so i said that comes out your wages 200 odd quid and i took it he never wacked the cab again

a van and a fuel card is worth it weight in gold. the odd trip up the post office or the kebab shop shouldnt be a problem. but moveing someone is takeing the p!ss all our firms vans have had trackers put on so any shopping has to be done after work no more speeding either. otherwise the phone rings if hes pranged the motor its only insurance. take the motor off him he will soon see how much petrol cost to work. travel never covers your cost to work

confusion I would say mates or boss and you know what I am talking about

u must be a very patient man the firms im on make him pay all of it then sack him ps any jobs going

Mmm,just wondering why you're giving vans and a fuel card out that isn't trackered?unfortunately most people see that scenario as licence to abuse it,they only see it as a firms vehicle and not someones property:wondering:

Here's a question for the forum..i'd be interested to hear the differnt veiws.
You give a guy a start who uve knoen for sereval years & is a good scaff he's given a van & fuel card to get to & from work.and is asked to keep it clean & tidy.- if he wishes to use it for personal trips around town he must use his own fuel. Any further use out of hours must be ok'd by me... does that sound fair.

Yes a good deal, I'd say more generous than most

During a bank holiday week end the scaff abuses both the van & fuel card to the tune of £300 whilst using it to help one of his family members move down to the west country. Neither ok'd by me. & he cant see what he has done is wrong...

A huge p!ss take
Several months later after. Once again the van is used out of work hours unortherised, only this time he has a rear end shunt over 200 miles away & rights off the van....
Most would be sacked
So either as a boss or as a worker i'd be interested to know how youd deal with this situation.i know what i did but just wanna get other peoples veiws

I'm not a boss, but I'd imagine serious docking or sacked. I imagine other lads who take care of their vans and don't abuse it would get annoyed to see someone getting away with taking the p!ss.

Dont give him the van back se and abuse ....., tackers, gaffers dont mind you using them for weekdn is you a) ask the and b) put feking juice in wouldnt dare take van on 200 round trip wid out permision a)ithink its rong and b) probbly wont be insured if there was a ping

As a company we r not of a size where tracking would be cost effective. As mr benn i know all aspects ofbthe company incl time & motion. & distance to fuel ratios ..so when the fuel bill comes in i can see a problem if one exhists...to me a vechile & card is a priviledge not a right....& 99% of the guys have never abused it...not a mate. Or patient but sometimes the employment laws dont just allow u to sack someone theres procedures u have to follow or end up paying a shed load of cash out in an unfair dissmissal case.
Its very easy to say thats what the insurance is for...but what aboit the person that had to pay the excess( we all have that) or the fact that the premiumsvwill raise signifinitly...that as a right off the money you get back is never enough for a like for like new van ....& that doesnt include the headache & inconvienence of it all....thats not moaning just putting ur points back to u guys:D

work with a lad who smashed work car after having it a month and then ran the second one on veg oil cause he was to tight to pay fuel, walks to work these days

Make him pay the lot bit by bit.

Why bit by bit swifty....he took the fuel on one go...& i had to pay for it in one go..
As for the right off what do u do make him pay for thevan, the excess or give hom a new one & tell him dont do it again

If he is the position to reimburse you your costs then get it in one lump, if he isn't and you sack him you're still out of pocket.

a van and a fuel card is worth it weight in gold. the odd trip up the post office or the kebab shop shouldnt be a problem. but moveing someone is takeing the p!ss all our firms vans have had trackers put on so any shopping has to be done after work no more speeding either. otherwise the phone rings if hes pranged the motor its only insurance. take the motor off him he will soon see how much petrol cost to work. travel never covers your cost to work

Is that the SCCR policy?
So the odd trip up the fish shop shouldn't be a problem?
Prang the motor its only insurance??? Is this that what you are all about?

Some lads will always take the pi ss southern no matter what , i think that to give someone a van and fuel card shows you have an element of trust in that person and a decent man would look after the van and not move there family half way round the country.
I would tell him he either pays for the damage or he can fu ck of simple as that , warn him , then hand him a written warning then either give him all the sh it or find a reason to sack him , there are to many good lads out of work , would be over the moon to have a job with a van thrown in

Is that the SCCR policy?
So the odd trip up the fish shop shouldn't be a problem?
Prang the motor its only insurance??? Is this that what you are all about?

sorry dom!!! not nice when you get picked out on the forum is it!! truth is haverspanner you do bounce off certain people what the hell you going on about fish and chips as for the prang yes insurance will paye for it. it may off been a accident and if your allowed to drive the vehicle out of hours then the odd trip shoudnt be a problem!! your another that thinks he knows it all

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

I knew it. The lot of you you are hand in glove. You have joined together to try and stop the experienced overseas scaffolders coming back and taking your jobs....*******

listen haverspanner you may be able to run a big job with 40 indians abroad yes sir no sir. try running a outage in england with 40 british scaffolders you wouldnt last a week used to think you were okay but your dom through and through my spelling may not be brilliant but thats why i become a scaffolder go and bounce somewhere

Top Bottom