xmas work

Need anymore blokes?

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 AM ----------

Need any more blokes

If you have a chance of not working take that option. Some of us have to work christmas day offshore and dont have a choice. P.S how do you post a link from yourself? I can reply but not put one one. New on here so help appreciated.

Go into scaffold forum, jobs, new members etc scroll down to new threads and there you are

welcome to the forum

I'd take the work personally. Xmas is ok till dinner, once that's done is dull as shiit!!!
Rather be earning a good wegde than bored to tears watching crap on telly or suffering scrabble.

A friend of a friend who did the same thing a few years ago got a grand a shift from network rail. Not sure what job he had but I do know he wasn't a Scaffolder.
On the stations we've been getting double time, travel/lodge, a day in leiu + the stat days pay for bank holidays. I dare bet they would also chuck a bit on top of that for working those days as well mate.

Last edited:
Bruce, its your call mate

poor deal = double time + day in lew

good deal = treble time + day in lew

Depends how bad you need the dosh :worried:

Christmas is a time for kids, If you have any stay at home, It is your TIME the kids want.

Off topic a bit I have never worked on my birthday , started at about 11year old at School always bunked off. Lost a couple of jobs over the years but what the feck:D

Same as that never worked on my birthday, just wished i had booked the nxt day off as well.:sick:

Still not 100% sure what to do yet. Stay at home, wishing id gone, get there and think what the fcuk you doing here. We've spanned 17m across lines at Reading station. Contractors and crane coming in to remove a purpose built bridge, 5 foot away from ours. Failing a disaster, me and mate will be sat in the van/ cabin, not exactly hard work.

Take the cash Bruce, easy shift and every one will be looking for an early shoot.

Christmas/New year, Treble time each day, day in leiu for each day worked.
Married loads of greif
Married Kids not worth it
Single want a job in Aus

Top Bottom