xmas work

bruce99

Reaction score
Just been asked to work over xmas. Xmas eve, xmas day, boxing day. They are 12 hour shifts on standby. PTS work, 2 nights lodge. the money seems fair, but what would it take for you to do these shifts? I dont want to sell myself short.

get a grip scrooge and go and have a christmas,youve got all year to grab money :nuts:

Just been asked to work over xmas. Xmas eve, xmas day, boxing day. They are 12 hour shifts on standby. PTS work, 2 nights lodge. the money seems fair, but what would it take for you to do these shifts? I dont want to sell myself short.

Where is that on a station in London?

Blackfriars/farringon/kings cross/Waterloo?

xmas eve ??? xmas day and boxing day i would want 500 a shift exspecially on 12 hour shifts depends what individual is used to earning personally wouldnt get out of bed on xmas week not for all the money in china best of luck thou brus

To be honest it would have to be £1000 for me to consider it and that's per day, e.g on a power station if you work on a normal bank holiday 12 hours and lodge you get over £540 for that

essex, your not far off at all. Also 3 days off in the loo.I think thats what he said, ha.

but yet again thats what i think personally, but hey if you look at it at a different point of view, 3 days £1500 and 3 days off with pay, depends how much you need or want the money

only kidding bruce treble time and a day in lieu is required all the best when it comes and lets hope next year is more prosperous for us all

do the work it will pay for a dam good holiday in the sun.
The kids will hate there prezzi's by 12, pub till 2 then feed yourself stupid falling asleep and farting for England.
I once did Leeds station , Christmas eve night, boxing day days and new years day we got £50 a hour + price. I'd do it again anyday.

do the work it will pay for a dam good holiday in the sun.
The kids will hate there prezzi's by 12, pub till 2 then feed yourself stupid falling asleep and farting for England.
I once did Leeds station , Christmas eve night, boxing day days and new years day we got £50 a hour + price. I'd do it again anyday.

for formscaff? i was on that

Bruce, its your call mate

poor deal = double time + day in lew

good deal = treble time + day in lew

Depends how bad you need the dosh :worried:

Christmas is a time for kids, If you have any stay at home, It is your TIME the kids want.

Off topic a bit I have never worked on my birthday , started at about 11year old at School always bunked off. Lost a couple of jobs over the years but what the feck:D

I would agree it's a tough call. I would love to say I wouldn't do it but when someone dangles the cash in front of you it probably be too tempting. My Mrs worked for Scottish Water during the millennium, for the one night which turned into half a shift she got a grand for doing the New years eve shift. If there is kids involved it will be your time they want but they will get over it. It wouldn't be my advise all the time but on this occasion take the cash and run.

Its a tough call.
If you want the money, work.
If you dont, then stay indoors and get pissed like the rest of us. :)

If you have kids, you can't get payed enough not to see them open their presents... if not, I'd do it..

Treat it like the rigs the majority with children have christmas off and the remainder are at home for new year, its your call, good money working or sat playing scrabble with the inlaws

If you have a chance of not working take that option. Some of us have to work christmas day offshore and dont have a choice. P.S how do you post a link from yourself? I can reply but not put one one. New on here so help appreciated.

Top Bottom