Wrong think it should be longer

bolo

Reaction score
Cant understand recently done a supervisor course and found out that scaffolding is the easiest trade to get qualified ?I was training alongside a brickey who had only being doing scaffolding for 6 mths and was going in for his part 2 and dindnt have a clue!So tell me how you justify cisrs making the rules as i have been doing this for 13 years and still learning the trade :mad:

In my opinion it takes around 10 years before you really understand what's happening, there is no substitute for on site experience

as i have said before scaffold courses are attendance only ,very very rarely does anyone fail .so if you have the money for the course you can be a scaffolder if not you cant . doesnt matter if you can do the job or not its all about the money

In my opinion it takes around 10 years before you really understand what's happening, there is no substitute for on site experience

could not have said it better just scares me that there are people out there dangling 21 ft tubes above your head and haven got experiance behind them nice one fella :)

Bolo, I am out of the country working this weekend. Where did you do your course and I will come back to you Monday/ Tuesday

Bolo, I am out of the country working this weekend. Where did you do your course and I will come back to you Monday/ Tuesday

Who?

IF SH ETC ?

How can someone without employment do their part 2?

How do you do the assessment. Need part two to get a job?

Cant understand recently done a supervisor course and found out that scaffolding is the easiest trade to get qualified ?I was training alongside a brickey who had only being doing scaffolding for 6 mths and was going in for his part 2 and dindnt have a clue!So tell me how you justify cisrs making the rules as i have been doing this for 13 years and still learning the trade :mad:
Too many free loaders in our industry, too many living off our backs. Not being given a proper trade status is a real problem as it allows unqualified people dicate how we should do the job. Can you imagine someone not qualified telling an electrician how to wire up a house. or a mechanic how to fix a car and so on. Our representation as a body of workers is a joke, as proved in the ECITB thread regarding the Unite union. All of the above contribute to making us easy prey for the vultures hovering over our industry looking for their next meal.

Too many free loaders in our industry, too many living off our backs. Not being given a proper trade status is a real problem as it allows unqualified people dicate how we should do the job. Can you imagine someone not qualified telling an electrician how to wire up a house. or a mechanic how to fix a car and so on. Our representation as a body of workers is a joke, as proved in the ECITB thread regarding the Unite union. All of the above contribute to making us easy prey for the vultures hovering over our industry looking for their next meal.

Spot on brandy,the trouble is what can we do about it. In my opinion the CITB was the worst thing that happend in this game gone are the days when you worked with guys who had 20/30 years experiance to me thats where you learn. Not sitting in a classroom.

Spot on brandy,the trouble is what can we do about it. In my opinion the CITB was the worst thing that happend in this game gone are the days when you worked with guys who had 20/30 years experiance to me thats where you learn. Not sitting in a classroom.

Thanks for all your comments just think its wrong for someone to be fully trained taking just 12 months to be a part 2 scaffolder.Think they should bring back the guillotine and chop who ever is in charge of cisrs .Thanks to every one who agrees with me and everyone who dont bollox to you:cheesy:

I think it really has to begin with scaffolding recognised as a proper trade. I think the opposition to this would and does come from the construction big wigs and I presume NASC as part of that. The trades council would be another objector. I once debated this with a member of a guild as they like to be known and he was totally opposed to the idea. I asked for a reason apart from his predudicial views and was told it would never happen because we only build temporary work. They still regard themselves as the craftsmen and us as smething lower.

I think it really has to begin with scaffolding recognised as a proper trade. I think the opposition to this would and does come from the construction big wigs and I presume NASC as part of that. The trades council would be another objector. I once debated this with a member of a guild as they like to be known and he was totally opposed to the idea. I asked for a reason apart from his predudicial views and was told it would never happen because we only build temporary work. They still regard themselves as the craftsmen and us as smething lower.

Proper trade is an understatemant we have the most dangerous job out of all the trade guilds have to offer,but i see your point brandy think ill stop this conversation as its making me angry that these fools dont apreciate the work we do and not knowing if we make it home every day thank you for your thought fella

How its not classed as a trade is beyond me, ive only seen this on civil jobs where you are treated like ****. where on mechanical work its classed as a trade where you do 3 years to get your Advanced card thats the way it used to be.

Good point,but am sure painting is easier and probabley other thing,dunt mek you good at it though.

The CISRS (Construction Industry Scaffolders Robbery Scheme) need to address this situation where people are gaining part 1 & 2 scaffolding courses without any proper site experience and underpinninng Scaffolding knownledge.

Should it not be the CISRS's duty to ensure that people who enroll on the courses (part 1) meet the criteria, that can only be gained by first being a Scaff labourer and proving basic work @ height compentency? before gaining part 11 & then ensuring that the the Scaffolder is totally competent before enrolling on Advanced course? this aint a dig at the good lads out there, its a dig at the Constructin Industry scaffolders Robbery scheme

old saying, Yisterday I could not Spell Skiffilder Today i is Yan.

CIRSR seem to be Championing this saying by taking any tom, **** & harrys money & not giving a toss about Experienced Scaffs (ECITB comes to mind)

The aim of the SCCR is to tackle the CISRS on the poor quality of scaffolders coming out of the training centres. Too many private firms giving poor training, & in most cases no training at all!!

Labourer 1 year
Basic Scaffolder second year
Senior Scaffolder 3rd year
Advanced no less than five years experience.

More assessments through companies with spot checks.

No one should take a course until they can walk a 21ft tube carry 5 5fts etc.

Basic stuff some part 2's struggle with!!

;)
The aim of the SCCR is to tackle the CISRS on the poor quality of scaffolders coming out of the training centres. Too many private firms giving poor training, & in most cases no training at all!!

Labourer 1 year
Basic Scaffolder second year
Senior Scaffolder 3rd year
Advanced no less than five years experience.

More assessments through companies with spot checks.

No one should take a course until they can walk a 21ft tube carry 5 5fts etc.

Basic stuff some part 2's struggle with!!

Or put a sleeve on the correct way? now then;)

Top Bottom