Would you work of this one ?

I've read that book, was it the sequel to "Bravo tg:20 zero ? featuring Andy Mcgrabb the famous scottish scaff who basically went from country to country deploying couplers and making loads of cash ?

That was later on.

This was the prequel to 'Last Night Another Scaffolder'

I love it when these two start chatting.... we should have a weekly "Dangerus and Phils weekly debate/views" of some sort.

I love it when these two start chatting.... we should have a weekly "Dangerus and Phils weekly debate/views" of some sort.

Yes mate although Russ doesn't chat with me much these days.

He's usually busy posting on the ever-popular thread 'coupler association'...

That was later on.

This was the prequel to 'Last Night Another Scaffolder'
Oh, well you do know your literature Phil, all that time you spent in the compound with Terry Waite singing sad songs and drinking uht coffee I expect. Have you ever read that most interesting novel "all quiet on the west end front" its about a gang of scaffs who are beavering away in London, then all of a sudden thats it ! Londons finished....They have to then find new jobs ???

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

Yes mate although Russ doesn't chat with me much these days.

He's usually busy posting on the ever-popular thread 'coupler association'...
Well if you included me on your skype list once in a while I might reconsider, and you haven't thanked me for posting....your not coming to Algeria with me if you keep this up. I have other candidates you know , its a popular destination..

Oh, well you do know your literature Phil, all that time you spent in the compound with Terry Waite singing sad songs and drinking uht coffee I expect. Have you ever read that most interesting novel "all quiet on the west end front" its about a gang of scaffs who are beavering away in London, then all of a sudden thats it ! Londons finished....They have to then find new jobs ???

I haven't read that one mate. I am currently busy reading the true story of SGB.

I never realised that they dropped the name because they had actually scaffolded Great Britain.

It reminds me of a few years ago when we were building a scaffold around a block of flats and some bloke from the council pulled up and said "excuse me lads, are you scaffolding Great Britain?"

With embarrassment about our obvious lack of speed, I had to reply "no sorry mate, we're just doing this building at the moment"...

I haven't read that one mate. I am currently busy reading the true story of SGB.

I never realised that they dropped the name because they had actually scaffolded Great Britain.

It reminds me of a few years ago when we were building a scaffold around a block of flats and some bloke from the council pulled up and said "excuse me lads, are you scaffolding Great Britain?"

With embarrassment about our obvious lack of speed, I had to reply "no sorry mate, we're just doing this building at the moment"...
Very interseting Phil. a mate of mine actually stayed in the SGB caravan on the coast, don't quote me on this but I think he stayed in "Band" not "Plate" Band was closer to the Chemi -loo and was more popular.
I think it was Richard Branston who started SGB, I read about him starting it up with a hand cart and a few planks or something like that,anyway next thing you know the blokes everywhere, he'll have his own airline next. He can't get a bird though thats why everyone calls him a virgin

Very interseting Phil. a mate of mine actually stayed in the SGB caravan on the coast, don't quote me on this but I think he stayed in "Band" not "Plate" Band was closer to the Chemi -loo and was more popular.
I think it was Richard Branston who started SGB, I read about him starting it up with a hand cart and a few planks or something like that,anyway next thing you know the blokes everywhere, he'll have his own airline next. He can't get a bird though thats why everyone calls him a virgin

No mate, it was Levi Roots...

No mate, it was Levi Roots...
Like I said, "you know your literature" mate. Was Levi married to Deborah Grayson ?

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

Like I said, "you know your literature" mate. Was Levi married to Deborah Grayson ?

Oh I see, everybody's thanking everybody else ,I don't get any thanks though do I , I'm not Algerian you know... :evil::evil:

How many candidates are on that then Phil ? how do you apply ?

Usually 6 although they sometimes whittle it down to 5 for no apparent reason.

Apply through the advert on dragonsdenforum.com

Usually 6 although they sometimes whittle it down to 5 for no apparent reason.

Apply through the advert on dragonsdenforum.com
Cruel bas*ards those Algerians Phil, still its only a game, something like that couldn't happen in the real world. Remember the old saying "if it seems to good to be true ,it isn't"

The picture was obviously taken South of me so I blame you soft Southerners.;)

looks like a job n knock on a friday to me!........but hey at least the gear made it off the truck! :)

Top Bottom