Would you work of this one ?

dangeruss

Reaction score
I happened upon this little monster on the way home from work,built in ally tube with the transomes under the ledgers neat netting (not) nice split toeboard but the 3 rakers make it perfectly safe, anyone got any more ?

Attachments

• weetabix various 005.jpg
    weetabix various 005.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 170
Nice touch with the netting. I am suprised that they didn't use fire retardant though.

Must be incase they drop a brick through the guardrail and injure a badger in the undergrowth.

Needs a fan on it really...

This isn't in the same league as the others, but I particularly liked it as it's on Oxford St, London and the attention to fixing the beam work on the right of the photo is pretty impressive...

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 119
This isn't in the same league as the others, but I particularly liked it as it's on Oxford St, London and the attention to fixing the beam work on the right of the photo is pretty impressive...
Ah the old "beams are not long enough so we'll use 5ft's sleeved into the tower trick" we are dealing with masters here Philip, these men know how to deploy couplers alright.

Oh and a refreshing change in Oxford street, you did well to find this gem

Ah the old "beams are not long enough so we'll use 5ft's sleeved into the tower trick" we are dealing with masters here Philip, these men know how to deploy couplers alright.

Oh and a refreshing change in Oxford street, you did well to find this gem

Yeah I asked around outside the site to see if I could speak to the lads who built it and maybe try and offer them a start. But the guy on security said "I dunno mate, they put it up last week and have apparently all been head-hunted for a big job starting next week in Algeria"

London's loss is Algeria's gain...

We all take the piss but who can honestly say that they have not lashed one up?TRUTH

Yeah I asked around outside the site to see if I could speak to the lads who built it and maybe try and offer them a start. But the guy on security said "I dunno mate, they put it up last week and have apparently all been head-hunted for a big job starting next week in Algeria"

London's loss is Algeria's gain...
Yea I heard about that,some of the lads on here were supposed to go but I expect the Algerians saw this little beauty in Oxford street fobbed off the chosen 6 and took these fellas instead, I think one of them was called Heath Robinson or something like that ?

Was the security guy on the gate a big Nigerian bloke with 2 mobiles and gold teeth totally the wrong shape for chasing villians or doing any kind or serious work , but fine for a bit of internet fraud ?

Was the security guy on the gate a big Nigerian bloke with 2 mobiles and gold teeth totally the wrong shape for chasing villians or doing any kind or serious work , but fine for a bit of internet fraud ?

Actually no, it was some dude with a suntan called Craig Stephen...

Dunno, you done much work in Algeria?
Funny you should mention that Phil, was asked to nip out there only the other day for a bit of coupler deployment but I was busy so I couldn't make it ,but I do have some free visa's if you know anyone who needs them ? also got a load of Drakma but I may keep them, you never know..

We all take the piss but who can honestly say that they have not lashed one up?TRUTH

*Places hand on heart*

I solemnly swear I have NEVER lashed up a job as bad as the first picture. While I have committed sins and sometimes been forced into putting up things I wasn't happy with I have never, and will never produce something that resembles an abortion like that.

*Places hand on heart*

I solemnly swear I have NEVER lashed up a job as bad as the first picture. While I have committed sins and sometimes been forced into putting up things I wasn't happy with I have never, and will never produce something that resembles an abortion like that.
The first picture was erected by some ex-clowns who used to work for Cirque-de-solier, they were short on work and decided to take up scaffolding. Not bad considering they only had only done a 2 week part 1 course.And before you ask, yes they wore harnesses and used those step things to fit the intermediate put log holes

Funny you should mention that Phil, was asked to nip out there only the other day for a bit of coupler deployment but I was busy so I couldn't make it ,but I do have some free visa's if you know anyone who needs them ? also got a load of Drakma but I may keep them, you never know..

Good choice mate. I spent 10 years out there deploying couplers in a dangerous, Al Qaeda stronghold.

I would really recommend it unless your idea of a good night out is sitting inside a compound drinking long-life chocolate milk and singing Cum By Ya around a BBQ.

That said, I wrote a book based on my experiences out there:- 'Behind Enemy Guardrails' available from all good book stores and Amazon...

Last edited:
Good choice mate. I spent 10 years out there deploying couplers in a dangerous, Al Qaeda stronghold.

I would really reccomend it unless your idea of a good night out is sitting inside a compound drinking long-life chocolate milk and singing Cum By Ya around a BBQ.

That said, I wrote a book based on my experiences out there:- 'Behind Enemy Guardrails' available from all good book stores and Amazon...
I've read that book, was it the sequel to "Bravo tg:20 zero ? featuring Andy Mcgrabb the famous scottish scaff who basically went from country to country deploying couplers and making loads of cash ?

Top Bottom