working near asbestos

Fred, happy....dearest sympathy lads. I've been fortunate enough to never have worked with this stuff, and i wouldnt want to for love or money.
I've done the azzy awarness card and to be honest i found it very intresting and certinley an eye opener. Why has it taken so long for these courses to be given, if they know its this deadly?.

Whilst working in soho last week,one of the bathrooms reeked of amonia. Seems someone tried a lethal mix of amonia and bleach to clear the bogs. Eyes streaming and heavy coughing within seconds of entering the room. Anyone know the long term effect of this if any??.

It can cause bronchiola or alveola adema, which destroyes the airwsys, but i think that depends on how long you were inhaling it fred. Honest oppinion mate get yourself checked asap.

My mate Tony was in there for a while I got masked up,but could still taste it.

Yeah get you and tony checked, if hes touched it it can cause burns to the skin and it can take up to 7 days to effect your eyes.
Type in amonia side effects fred and it'll give you more info.

Thanks for that mate. Funny a bit leaked thru the ceiling landed on me neck,burnt like fuk.

now lads cheers
for the advice

ended up getting sacked!... can't say a lot as it's still ongoing!.. merry Christmas

Top Bottom