working in the rain

scaffy 1980

Reaction score
As a rule if its raining and we work through our dinner break we get to go home on a full shift. Was wondering how other lads are treated?.

eh yes, were the same. If it rains here you get to work as normal and may still end up working late, Aom blue book arrangement.

If you didn't work in the rain in Wales you would never work.

A bit drier round these parts Swifty, think it was July the 16th here it didn't rain once.

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

We got loads done.

If it rains we carry on as normal unless its really heavy or becomes dangerous , then the lads go early but always get paid a full shift , they know if they have to work an extra hour another day then they dont get anything extra for it , so it works both ways, but they never lose a shift.

You tight ass phil. We dont have to work over to make up for it, and if we do we get overtime rate.

Dinner Break whats that? Target work with us buy some waterproofs and crack on

Den my lads over time rate is a half shift or a full shift no messing about with hours ;)

I will retract my offer of giving you a hand sometime then phil, you bloody slave driver....:toung::toung:

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

Not us sharp, yeah we've got waterproofs but thats what our gaffa tells us, work through your dinner till 2 and you go home on full a full shift.
And as for target work well you can defo put a dampner on that.

you dont work at height in heavy rain full stop cant have one rule for safety then break it thats what rams are for !!! all firms are different but it does get broken time to time job and knock you dont get wet lol!!!! no deal then you cabin up simples

Do you still get your full shift thou kev?

yes mate as long as your on site if some dont then they should follow suit you dont get payed enough den to kill or hurt yourself be the same olde story why were you working in the rain you no it not safe unfortunatly no one likes up setting the apple cart these days:notrust:

Years ago when i worked for both GKN & Greystones on the cards we were payed split hours so when it rained most guys headed for the canteen as we would still be payed a basic 8hrs for drinking tea & playing chards but tbh you couldnt do it too much without drastic effect to your take home wage.
Now though my guys are issued wet kit & our workloads normally mean we cant let a little wet stuff stop us, but if its really hard i expect the boys to work till 1 for the full shift . If the guys wanna rain off b4 1 then they get paid till 1...but like phil said its swings & roundabouts.

Years ago when i worked for both GKN & Greystones on the cards we were payed split hours so when it rained most guys headed for the canteen as we would still be payed a basic 8hrs for drinking tea & playing chards but tbh you couldnt do it too much without drastic effect to your take home wage.
Now though my guys are issued wet kit & our workloads normally mean we cant let a little wet stuff stop us, but if its really hard i expect the boys to work till 1 for the full shift . If the guys wanna rain off b4 1 then they get paid till 1...but like phil said its swings & roundabouts.

start at 7 get raind of at half past paid till 1 sound good lol ;)

yes mate as long as your on site if some dont then they should follow suit you dont get payed enough den to kill or hurt yourself be the same olde story why were you working in the rain you no it not safe unfortunatly no one likes up setting the apple cart these days:notrust:

I wonder what advise the hse would give if you rang them? No doubt reply with hold on we'll consult nasc and get back to you.:eek:

Its ridiculous in our climate not to expect to work in the rain, however what about wet steel no deal, insurers not paying out for claims on accidents when scaffs were in the rain !

start at 7 get raind of at half past paid till 1 sound good lol ;)

Lol not quite marra...we normally travel to site for a 8 o clock start & if its really heavy & no-one wants to play we,d normally rain off @breakfast so with travel we'd not be back in the yard till 1130 so bye the time uve parked up shut down & rwady to go home its gonna be 12ish....so weather uve worked or not its only fair on my side to pay u for ur time.:D

Top Bottom