Working in Iraq

To Scaff-38 what is the job title, scaff,supervisor,manager ?

I am in Bahrain,Kuwait and Saudi at the moment managing all Capes scaffolding works and we are moving into Iraq mid 2012, most likely it would be 70% higher salaries than we pay in other countries in the Gulf.

How many scaffs would consider working in Iraq & if so what rate would you expect??

Gents
Please see original post I am asking if any scaffs would consider working in Iraq, just seeing how many would take the risk & how much money you would want.

Cape will flood the place with cheap labour on 3 day advance certs with a CITB number on the bottom and an assessor with a CITB number that has never been to the Uk therefore can not have the rite to run any Uk scaffold course or aquilavant then hand out CITB certs !!!!!
I have copy of the certs cape are giving out under the CITB name and number FACT

Right guys, I had the job in Iraq its with Petrofac out of Sharjah in the UAE. The deal is 6/3 rota, cattle class flights, desert camp based all found and all the mercaneries you want to look after you. The max wonga they will go to is $9000 US a month, 7 days a week and 10 hours per day. They were 11 locals killed by a road bomb just outside the refinery two weeks ago. If you wanna go thats the deal I knocked it back. I have worked overseas for the last 15 years, some good locations and some not so good thats the way the cookie crumbles. I knocked it back coz of the wonga and not the location. If you want to go to a war zone for that money your call but not 4 me.

Whats that about 5 grand a month our money,could get that in Europe without bein shot at.:mad:

Whats that about 5 grand a month our money,could get that in Europe without bein shot at.:mad:

According to: Dollar2Pound.com its nearly £6000.
Actually, its: $9000 = £5702.85.

Calculated @:
£5702.85 ÷ 4 = £1425.71 per week.
£1425.71 ÷ 70 = £20.36 per hour.

If its all in - food, travel, expenses and lodge/digs and its tax free, then its not too bad a deal, i suppose. :unsure:

I stand corrected,not bad i suppose.My mind is prob too focussed on the oz dollar:nuts:. 9 weeks to go.

I did think about it the first time round after the yanks flattened it, but now I have to be honest and say I would rather put ma baws in a vice than go out there to work no matter what the remuneration package was.

theyve got some good looking birds out there,hooked noses,1 big hairy eyebrow and a bush that goes all the way up to their tits.
money isnt everything lads :eek:

theyve got some good looking birds out there,hooked noses,1 big hairy eyebrow and a bush that goes all the way up to their tits.
money isnt everything lads :eek:

OI!!! Stop slagging my f.ucking missus off! :mad:

1263_1265887390.jpg

Shes got a great personality! ;)

Jason, where the feck do you get such a bevy of beauties?

Could you buy your own Assault rifle while you over there to protect yourself , or are you not allowed to do out like that. :D just thought id ask seriously like :eek:

Maybe but you are not allow to use it till fired upon. :eek:

Top Bottom