Working in Iraq

How many scaffs would consider working in Iraq & if so what rate would you expect??

I'll work anywhere long as money is right,worked all over the world and the money really never changes unless you are management don't expect silly money cos it's a myth,was in brazil 2yr ago 20£hr,it's okay but not a fortune by a long shot.

Id work there.
Id want atleast £2500 a week Tax free or after tax - expenses paid and travel/accomation to be paid by the contractor also.

I know thing are starting up in oil & gas, I was ask if I would go & if so what rate, so just thought I would see what the lads think.

Dont know about iraq..although i suppose in a remote part there would prob be minimal risk..its all about the money..

Hey scaff38, depends on how long the hitches are. Im out in Holland offshore at present would consider it. Doesnt really change much in oil and gas tho does it? Or does it?

---------- Post added at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

Hey csaff38 just read your in Fleetwood, Im in blackpool mate. Small world.

I know for a fact that the Iranians are trying to source a sh!t load of Jack-up and or Semi-sub Drilling Rigs---mainly re-furbs---this would indicate that they intend to expand their exploration program and their land based processing facilities.

Beware before investing in any Iranian ventures---sanctions have been applied for for quite some time and recent concerns have prompted the USA and UK to enhance these sanctions---however, there is always a back door to Iran via Russia and China---do your home work before you commit...

Last edited:
Id work there.
Id want atleast £2500 a week Tax free or after tax - expenses paid and travel/accomation to be paid by the contractor also.

£250 jason i would want atleast 2 and a half grand a week:laugh:

fecking ram it youd be on the tele with achmed achmedinjad and telling everyone youve been treated well with a gun poking into your ribs before you knew it :nuts:

I know for a fact that the Iranians are trying to source a sh!t load of Jack-up and or Semi-sub Drilling Rigs---mainly re-furbs---this would indicate that they intend to expand their exploration program and their land based processing facilities.

Beware before investing in any Iranian ventures---sanctions have been applied for for quite some time and recent concerns have prompted the USA and UK to enhance these sanctions---however, there is always a back door to Iran via Russia and China---do your home work before you commit...

Garry no disrespect but yer man Scaff 38 is on about Iraq not Iran you on the drame's and i mean Big Yan's not wee drammes??????????????????????

Respect Ga a true SF Warrior....................................;):love:

poacher :love:

Aye, just came back in the room and had 2 PM re the Post---was just trying to highlight that the whole Region including Iran and Libya are expanding their Oil and Gas resources opening up opportunities for our Scaffs---

I gave up the drink 20 + years ago and the loco weed 6 years ago so I got no excuse---only thing I can say is---SHOULD HAVE GONE TO SPEC SAVERS :eek:

Gaz...

there was a job on here a good while back , posted by johnnyoneye ( summit like that ) for afganistan or iraq cant remember which, that might give you good idea of wage, might of been £7500-00 a week all digs ( basically a shed bit like on aufweidersein pet ) and food was all paid for

Do they pay lodge laffin all the way to the fridge?????? Stella

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

Go for it,
if the £ good why not

GOT OFFERED A JOB IN KOSOVO WHEN THAT TIP WAS THE NEWS,I LAUGHED IT OFF BUT MY MATE SAID DO YOU WANT GIVE IT A GO FECK ME YOU WILL GET A BRASSNAIL FOR A £5,TO WHICH I ADDED IT WILL PROBABLY ONLY HAVE 1 LEG
FECK IRAQ IRAN AND THE REST OF THEM THROW A BASE BOARD DOWN AND YOUR ANOTHER STATISTIC.
IF I WANT TO GO ETHNIC AND WAKING UP A 5 IN THE MORNING WITH SOME MULLAH SHOUTING ALLAH AKHBAR I WILL GO AND WORK IN LONDONISTAN :eek:

daftscaff---basing oot a birdcage eh:worried: PMSL---lucky white Heather...

stick ti the hingers ;)

Top Bottom