work this out

Pockets getting picked!!!

I've still got the big bump on the back of my head where I was hit in broad daylight & had my wallet, shirt & trousers nicked :cry::cry:
Would you care to Elaborate Ragstaff, was that by a consultancy firm.

Just in general Brandy. Feel like most its never going to be what it was.

Well fair play to you Ragstaff, Your doing your best to better the scaffs lot.

Think your boss knows you will do the same work for less money I would be asking what tw"t out of the other 5 has been crying !!!!

i never understood this my self , get in get it done and fuc k of has always been my motto

but as someone said on sites you need lads there in case something needs adapting or the like ,
what i do in that situation is put the lads in to lump it up or down and have a older lad there till closing time just doing adaptions ,handrails etc etc at his own pace keeps every one happy

Like a lot of you say, the good old days are gone very rare do you get job and knock these days. We would be in the pub now and if you was not in the pub that was because the van had broken down going to the pub.
They have taken the fun out of scaffolding they just want there pound of flesh.

if the client whant scaffolders on the job and is willing to pay day work for you the day rate they charge the client could be any thing 20 30 40 pounds a hour all depends where u are in the country so he will be getting your rate paid for and still making a profit no wonder he whant u to slow down the longer it takes the more money he makes if they whant more men more day work win win for him

skooko day work is a thing of by gone years in London mate most jobs the main contractor wants an all in price and even getting paid for variations can be a nightmare if you want the job you more or less have to conform :(

my old boss wanted me and my lad to work 8 till 4.30,doing nowt really,but i would have rather got job and knock,away by 3 3.30,couldnt figure it out,(still cant)was on the street work.we were the only gang there to work in all weathers,get wet,job done,home.glad im not there now.never did like sitting in wagon doing nowt while it rained.

Agree Phillo, Day work is a no no these days, you've got to get as much information about the job as you can and price it all in, that way the client knows thats the bottom line. To refer to another thread on undercutting, there would be times where a competitor is going in with a price lower than someone else not by way of cutting corners, but lack of knowledge of pricing, its not just enough to go out and measure the job, you've also got to ask the right questions.

nearly come unstuck like that my self a few times brandy gotta make sure you get it right these days

i just had a row with boss with him saying he would rather me do the hours
8 till 4 on day work (not doing much)

to me pulling my plums out and leaving at 2

i cant get me head around it, me and my mate can put up best part of 20 square a day (depending) but he wou;d rather us just plod along and be clock in and out scaff

just seems weird to me, its gotta be cheaper for him to pay on a price then have people take the piss on day work

it took 5 scaffs till 1o'clock to base a skeleton lift out 65'x 7'high

im totaly shocked
Hello mate. Sometime in life the lazyer you are the more they think of you .!!!

get on top of your game lad and stop slagin your work mates ,get the job done right lad neat and tidy no ones arsed with bangin a lump up in so you can fuckoff the brasshouse and leave your untagable mess to a snagging gang ,be told.

well thats told me

i will just turn into a robot like all the rest and stick a broom up my a&%e like all the rest
so i can sweep up aswell

Hello mate. Sometime in life the lazyer you are the more they think of you .!!!

Without a doubt!!

---------- Post added at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

turn into a yes man that looks up to the pricks that run our industry ,that will really please them ................i

It's all they want, don't think what ever you do, because it makes them look stupid.

Last edited:
Top Bottom