work this out

gus

Reaction score
i just had a row with boss with him saying he would rather me do the hours
8 till 4 on day work (not doing much)

to me pulling my plums out and leaving at 2

i cant get me head around it, me and my mate can put up best part of 20 square a day (depending) but he wou;d rather us just plod along and be clock in and out scaff

just seems weird to me, its gotta be cheaper for him to pay on a price then have people take the piss on day work

it took 5 scaffs till 1o'clock to base a skeleton lift out 65'x 7'high

im totaly shocked

The client must be complaining that there are no scaffs on site after 2pm.
They like to be able to see you in case something comes up.

Wot if another job comes up in the day that urgent or a safety matter. At least there's a gang at hand.

There might be a method in his madness??

My boss wants us to use step ups and start at 7-5

Where we were 0730-1630

It's all changing everywhere

this job there are 7 scaffs (including me and mate) the other 5 are on hours and we work like on price

well we did

so 5 others there if something comes up

yea looks like attendance has won here gus,your boss though must have agreed a favourable daywork rate mate.

i reckon

i just really cant see how it will work out in the long run

o hum

aslong as he pays me for doing nowt i shouldnt complain i guess

if your a price work scaffolder its just hard to give in to this way of working

yea i agree total respect to you for not wanting to give that way up mate.long days clock watching lie ahead.

well me feet are now itching and i have just put the feelers out

its not for me

day work is like giving up in my opinion

well me feet are now itching and i have just put the feelers out

its not for me

day work is like giving up in my opinion

And you cant slow down, you may be able to slow down for a day or two, but come the third day and you will be back to 20 square a day, your boss knows this;)

Once on a job on power station on T&M, 1st day head engineer called me in and told me he knew every excuse in the book and the fitters,welders,sparks,laggers etc will all say they are held up by the scaffs. Told me to report to him every morning and he would give me a list of jobs for the day and if we got them done, he would look after us.We used to work 40 hrs and he used to sign for 60 every week and on top of that SGB used to give us a quarter hour for every hour signed. 75 hrs paid for 40, only time I ever done day work, Happy days.

yea brandy kgb used to pay 1hour for every 4signed great days 40hours on top of your price alas gone now lol.

some times day work is great because the job slows right down and opens more vacancies for scaffs surely thats what we should be thinking look after each other.

i just had a row with boss with him saying he would rather me do the hours
8 till 4 on day work (not doing much)

to me pulling my plums out and leaving at 2

i cant get me head around it, me and my mate can put up best part of 20 square a day (depending) but he wou;d rather us just plod along and be clock in and out scaff

just seems weird to me, its gotta be cheaper for him to pay on a price then have people take the piss on day work

it took 5 scaffs till 1o'clock to base a skeleton lift out 65'x 7'high

im totaly shocked
The company you are working for get different rates for target work & daywork, the daywork rate is a lot higher than the price for target, my advice is enjoy it while it lasts ?

yea brandy kgb used to pay 1hour for every 4signed great days 40hours on top of your price alas gone now lol.
your right Celticbhoy, Those days are gone, mores the pity and the finishing bonus went too.

mate the finishing bonus had left my memory many moons ago....where you remember that from lol,yea good days.left alone to do what you were paid to do no crap just get on with it.

Distant memories Celticbhoy of an industry that recognised your skill and rewarded you well, that was all before the vultures saw the rich pickings to be had from the scaffolding industry and the rest as you know resulted in the scaffs pockets getting picked.

couldnt agree more brandy and there is no sign of things getting better on the horizon,theres an ad in the job section for an experianced scaff £7 an hour???

Pockets getting picked!!!

I've still got the big bump on the back of my head where I was hit in broad daylight & had my wallet, shirt & trousers nicked :cry::cry:

this job there are 7 scaffs (including me and mate) the other 5 are on hours and we work like on price

well we did

so 5 others there if something comes up

It,s prob the other 5 that complained that your on the lump the whole time ,your away at 2o,clock prob swillin a few in your local,I know I,d complain if I had to do a full shift every day,when your making your way to the boozer

Top Bottom