Window Tie

R

ragscaff

Can you tie a scaffold on a new build to a window opening?

Yes but on most new builds the building is rendered. The window goes in first so then what holds the job up!

Can you tie a scaffold on a new build to a window opening?
Only as a temporary measure till you can install proper ties. Best to notify site management of this.
PS, or a butress, or rakers

Any new build, just wanted to see what others think of this issue.

Often get asked to do it but will normally put rakers in. If not then I apollo tie them. Sites don't like that but if thats the only option they have to live with it.

Quite a lot are K, Rendered. Not seen a tie with a purpose made plug yet!!

Know what you mean mate that render is a night mare they have to finish the hole area once they start can't patch up later unless it's to top coat of paint.
We had to run extra butress down it and at our cost ******* nightmare

Just a thought, it should'nt be beyond the capabilities of architects to design their buildings with tying in facilities, that is where it's got to start at the design stage.

i have put them in loads of times rag , once the next floor is on they are sound, only thing i worry about is idiots taking them out to glaze the windows.

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

Just a thought, it should'nt be beyond the capabilities of architects to design their buildings with tying in facilities, that is where it's got to start at the design stage.

i have done jobs in the past where they have installed anchors in the shuttering and put caps over them for future use , you just use an extension rod

This should be brought up at the tendering stage. Most companies want the building weather tight asap so internal works can begin. Installing window ties fecks that up so depending on the height of the job and available area, buttresses would be a winner. Apollo ties are easier and on a couple of our jobs, once the tie and plug was removed a cap was put in place which didn't look bad at all (blocks of flats) considering the ties were well above the line of vision.

new build house doesnt need ties a square aint going nowhere and you all know it . pen pushing b"lls

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

i had a drawing of the idiots in green that had the loading bays and staircases as ties . but they are tied to the scaffold so how does that work

new build house doesnt need ties a square aint going nowhere and you all know it . pen pushing b"lls

Just about every elevation of a house is more than 4m long so a tie/buttress is required, even more so on townhouses or flats. If the weather is bad enough that square WILL go somewhere if it isn't tied properly

b*llocks put hundreds up and not ones moved , can any scaffolder on here honestly say that a 4 sides of a new build house would fall over without ties . i worked on building sites for years and have never put ties in new build houses if the scaffold is 4 sides , i have never ever been asked for ties either .

b*llocks put hundreds up and not ones moved , can any scaffolder on here honestly say that a 4 sides of a new build house would fall over without ties . i worked on building sites for years and have never put ties in new build houses if the scaffold is 4 sides , i have never ever been asked for ties either .

I'm not saying it would fall over, but it would definitely move. I've seen plenty of scaffolds without ties that have ended up leaning in due to high winds. Had they been tied/buttressed properly it wouldn't have happened.

Spring it of the wall , soffit ties loads of options fcuk buttresses

Apollo Ties Are The Dogs Danglies For New Build, If Its A Kit Tie Into The Wall Head Binder,And Remove Once The Blockworks Done,Then Tie Into The Blockwork Before Rendering.

a few temporary through ties but when its right round its going nowhere dead right allan

If using the apollo scaffols screw type then patching after for render isnt a problem.
14mm hole with a finger of render stuffed isnt gonna show.
I tell project managers/site manager ties must go in at specified intervals or they dont get scaffolding, simple as.
With a bit of planning you can usually work out where to get ties without interferring too much with the finishes, whether its render of cladding.

Hey up Ragscaff

Yes you can tie on newbuild using a through tie or a reveal tie, but if you use reveal these can only make up 50% of the total. So if you have a new build with 4 ties only 2 of these can be reveal as they are classed as a negative tie as they rely on friction.
Take care mate

Top Bottom