Why should we wear harness full time if were using step up/through ladders

simmo

Reaction score
no more tunneling / sg 4 gone / step ladders to put the leading guard rail on / ladders every lift

so why should we wear harness . wear as safe as the rest of the trades who use our tempory / to a drawing / to tg 20.8 working platform

RANT OVER .. GRR

---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

Just read the harness post. yep i agree slung cantilevers . off shore blah blah
you no when you need to clip on for reel / and not to keep mr site agent happy
normal street work working in side your lift . with your guard rail there . do we need it now
hate the thing , but wear it for the hole shift .
clip on and walk off , ufcking liabity , some times . lol

how do we get a say in what we do .........................

im sure some ones going to say you should be clipped on when your on the step . but i know that the only way you can possibly fall is 1 m onto the boards so what goods your harness then

Yes the guidence is clip onto the ledger when stood on the step as you can still fall via the gap from the top hand rail to the ledger (which acts as your top hand rail. ) so in theory if they introduce a 3/4 ledger then harnesses can be a thing of the past but yes nobody has the balls to say so...
I'm not calling it...

how do we get a say in what we do .........................

Join the SCCR for a tenner for the year, there going in the right direction to have the man on the guns voice heard. The man at the sharp end that has to use half the crap thats forced upon us without any consultation.;)

The reseson is because you would have to trust all scaffolder?

Share the love spread the load

I had to use TWO.... TWOOO lanyards today... how **** is that... and i was only barely 5 metres up!!! I would rather fall than be left dangling with my bollox torn, a few feet above the ground!

Join the SCCR for a tenner for the year, there going in the right direction to have the man on the guns voice heard. The man at the sharp end that has to use half the crap thats forced upon us without any consultation.;)

Im gonna do that, sick to death of these pen pushing monkeys telling us whats best for us, its a total scam. none of the local contactors in my area are using them, so nor are we at the moment, if you've gotta piss fart around with these systems when the competition isn't then they'll do you on price everytime and then bang your out of business

The harness rules need a shake up!!!!

Are they designed to wear 12 hours a day????

SG4 was printed incorrectly when asking to clip on at 4m. Most lanyards when deployed are 6.75 + 0.25 of error should have read 7m when clipping below you. That is why we are now facing advanced rails.

As in prevoius posts, when an internal wall is being built prior to external scaffolding why is it that no other trade wears a harness!!!!!!!!!!!!

Poor representation!!

Ragscaff

Top Bottom