why is it that companys never put there job postcodes on the induction stickers

• Thread starter scaffoldingsafetyservices
  • Start date
if you dont know were the site you are working is,how the feck did you get there---i know im called daftscaff but is it only me that cant quantum leap :eek
i feel a talking heads moment coming on AND YOU MAY ASK YOURSELF HOW DID I GET HERE:

Last edited:
Most new jobs have not had postcodes issued yet
and different systems can take you to different locations?

I suggest fitting trackers in the hats:nuts::nuts::nuts:

if you dont know were the site you are working is,how the feck did you get there---i know im called daftscaff but is it only me that cant quantum leap :eek
i feel a talking heads moment coming on AND YOU MAY ASK YOURSELF HOW DID I GET HERE:

You will love this but take most of our instructions for chimney repairs for example, "you know the one you did last year, well it's the other one second from the left with the ship to shore ariel on it" I kid you not. Most of the boy's come in and have to ask details like who was that for or what you call that site we were on last week just so they can fill out their time sheet. New builds are the same, they are all called "The old" what ever the ground was used previously for. FFS, even I think I've got heather coming out my ears now.:eek:

You are given the postcode for the sat nav. Now how many of you remember it once it's punched into the sat nav.

You can have it stored in your mobile phone, but how does your workmate access your phone when it has a keypad code lock on it and it's you who is requiring the air ambulance. Then would you say why didn't I have it written on my head. Because this is what happened to the guy who will never work again, is going to need 24 hour 7 day a week care for the rest of his life.

How many seconds does it take to lift off your helmet compared to digging out your phone, punching in the lock code, finding your section where you stored the Fookin postcode because your mates life depends on how quick you react.

AOM your 100% correct with how the lads are. Most I know don't use roads and postcodes they are directed by cafe's and pubs.

How many seconds does it take to lift off your helmet compared to digging out your phone, punching in the lock code, finding your section where you stored the Fookin postcode because your mates life depends on how quick you react.

you have to get your phone out to phone the ambulance??

are you getting it????? to many stickers

Last edited:
If nothing else this thread will maybe give me a wee kick up the backside I needed to make sure the boy's have the relevant info before sending them to a job. At the end of the day it's up to me to make sure they have it which if I'm honest hasn't been happening often.

Yes aom people get too complacent and when the worst happens they are sat wondering why?
Regular training and constant tool box talks even if you keep going over the same subjects will help.
This is our industry. This is the scaffolders forum and this is where all opinions can be aired openly.
But the 1 thing I do know is, I also care about my scaffolding brothers and that's why we are a breed of our own. Together we can all make our industry even safer.

Last edited:
Top Bottom