Who's Having Them All?

Alteration good money back in the good ole days on target, check double under lift, sit on top, undo, hey presto, double bubble for dis and Re.
Not allowed to do it now though are we;)

thats a thing all the safelinx will be nee good

Why not marra, works for us?

on plasticboardcurrentlyusing these aswell didnt relise how tight of a fit they were, but plastic boards are slightly thicker s i crnt see them going in the retianers

The plastic boards slide even easier by all accounts, and I wasn't keen on them for T&F as they're the same thickness as battens. These new steel decks are 38mm thick, same as boards.

The plastic ones I have seen are the same dimensions of timber. Another local firm here use nothing but. All the jobs I see are retained with board clips, not sure if they do on all their jobs or just street work.

---------- Post added at 12:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 AM ----------

on plasticboardcurrentlyusing these aswell didnt relise how tight of a fit they were, but plastic boards are slightly thicker s i crnt see them going in the retianers

They go in a treat marra, the boards I have seen are the exact same dimensions of timber.

Cant see timber boards being phased out. Sometimes you need dead lenth and you wont get that with steel decks.

The plastic ones I have seen are the same dimensions of timber. Another local firm here use nothing but. All the jobs I see are retained with board clips, not sure if they do on all their jobs or just street work.

---------- Post added at 12:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 AM ----------

They go in a treat marra, the boards I have seen are the exact same dimensions of timber.

there diffrent size leaste the 1 i use to use we had two type of clips for them because you couldnt get a wooden board clip on them think its maby only 4 or 5 mill but then the clip dont sit on the tranny and you crnt get gate closed the plastic board rabbits are a diffrent shape on top and all instead of been square its more of a rounded corrner

Seen the chamfered edge plenty but never the different sized boards, seems strange to me but not overly surprising. It's like the steel decks we have, slightly wider and I can't think of a single good reason for it.

Seen the chamfered edge plenty but never the different sized boards, seems strange to me but not overly surprising. It's like the steel decks we have, slightly wider and I can't think of a single good reason for it.

yeha to lok at them you wouldnt notice it but when stacking them on the wagon next ot woodent boards you see the diffrence. i think they do it just to blow ya tash off sometimes ....'how can we make these cants scratch there heeds'' lol

Just having a search on t'internet, and found out Supadek do a thinner 45mm version I've not seen before - as Marra says this is probably enough to prevent the use of T board clips and Safelinx. The PcP steel plank is 38mm thick so could be used with both or its own clip.

What's the price for your Steel Mark?

If i remember correctly, about the £20 mark - a fair bit more than a timber board, but should last a lot longer so a decent investment if you can afford the upfront cost.

The plastic boards were around the £25 mark last time I checked.

Yeah, sounds about right, can't see me making a change without a lot of proof they will last at least the 3 times more they cost. The steel decks we use are OK, but look fairly weak on the ends where they are folded.

I can't see why they shouldn't last the course, and they do have some benefits over timber - lighter, constant weight, fireproof, etc.

Damage wise, I see it as six of one and half a dozen of the other - possibly can't be cut down when the forklift runs over them and bends them into a banana shape, but at least the scaffs will have to work harder to notch them :laugh:

Top Bottom