who started this....

gunslinger757

Reaction score
1 break a day for an hour nonsense, seems to be the latest trend in london. Firm I was one for last week, 8-6, one break a day between 11 and 12. i'm strictly a brekkie at ten and dinner at 1.30 - 2.00pm man. 6 hours without a break makes for a long afternoon.

A company I worked for last year tried this sh1te because some bawbags put forward the idea. It was tried for about three days then we reneged and told them the same as above. A working man needs his brew. . . unless on price then it's a scran before you start and charge on until you've made your day's money. ;)

Break at ten for an hour then an hour at one then up the road at half three. :D

That's why I got into this game. That and the craic, no one said they were going to move the goalposts as soon as the new millennium came. C@nts.

aye, where the fook did the crack go, you go on the cabin now and everyone is staring at their phones the whole time!

legally isnt it 4 hours between a break
thats the reason a lot of the concrete mobs moved the 12.30 to 1.30 for a 6 Oclock finnish.
The ***** will try anything to screw the working man
arent GKR some big shot nasc outfit with the new tethered fittingd,probabablyneed them as a few will get dropped due to DEHYDRATION AND FATIGUE;)

The only crack I hear now comes from my back when I'm getting ready in the morning.:laugh:

trad have 1 30/45 minute break all day ive had one geezer (cant remember which firm as i was there for a couple of days) said "lets work thru lunch and go early" so i jumped at it we left at 4.30!!!!!! the ****

Every other week I hear another reason to f@ck this game off and earn a living another way. The game is officially dead.:(

one of the lads i'm on with says he started with a street firm and they fixing ledgers with a sandwich in their hands, no breaks at all - WTF?

Last edited:
how true peter ive got the option of doing inspections if i want it but certainly still fancy the nebosh route then u can work in any sector not just building sites like i saw one working for the council in kensington and chelsea at 40k and thats only with the general cert

False ecomony,After a few hours you start to get weak and need a re-charge of fuel even if its just 15 or 20 minutes,I worked for a paddy firm many moons ago who finished at 6 and they expected us to work from half 1 til 6,we went on strike and they changed the hours to 5pm finish with same pay,was many moons ago though,not sure you could do that today.

one of the lads i'm on with says he started with a street firm and they fixing ledgers with a sandwich in her hands, no breaks at all - WTF?

I have been in the game for years but have never heard of fixing ledgers with a sandwich. Mind you some of the sarnies my ex missus used to make were load bearing.

2 breaks ad never herd of 2 breaks until moving across the border to lancashire ill i had ever known was 1 30 min break all day 10 12 14 hour shift 1 break lol

Top Bottom