Who is up for it?

I will break a few records on the mull castle job of if you want ;)
you might have to beak the bank for the pleasure of it though

It's all gone quiet over there, might give them a call next week. The other job I was talking off the tidal one also went for a burton, seen a load of pallets acting as a hand rail there today.:eek:

Nearly took a few pictures but couldn't do it.

A lesser man would stick them in to the hse,then wait for the phone call from the feckers.

Too small a pond round here for that caper. There seems to be a load of hammer monkeys going at it and even one acting like a scaff company building jobs for roofers because he can't get building work. Always feel, give them enough rope.;)

---------- Post added at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 PM ----------

I quite often think of this guy.:laugh:

http://www.scaffoldersforum.com/scaffolders-forum/17135-i-just-couldnt-stop-laughing.html

Roofers building scaffolds does my head in but there seems to be no controling it,almost as if the hse cant be arsed sorting it out

It's just a timing thing for them, they have been down quite a bit this year and did sort out a few, walked right under one of mine to get to one of the local hotels who tried to cut corners.

Is there much happening in the City right now?

There seems to be a lot of agency work.ive heard pyeroy and turners are taking a load of work on.i dont do much in glasgow im generally away somewhere.i like the sound of the castle job thats all could be interesting

There seems to be a lot of agency work.ive heard pyeroy and turners are taking a load of work on.i dont do much in glasgow im generally away somewhere.i like the sound of the castle job thats all could be interesting

Could well be, have managed to scrabble together quite a good plan for it but doesn't look promising to be honest.

He did say a lesser man.. Come on Aom,photos for the forum please

The boy's involved are good mates and the PC is a big national, could be just embarrassing all round.

It's 20m long 5m high, one return looks all like 4m bay sizes, never really used the stuff do you get 4m bay sizes? They show a drawing using a tripod for a single lift buttress, I must be using the wrong feking designers.

I have a couple on the crew who will get no where near this time but will no doubt crush their spine trying.

1st lift head height then a 2meter lift with handrail with a 3.5m bay return in total theres 5x3.5bays and 1x2.5bay(access) 20 meters in lengh with 2no tripod butresses the record was set on these dimensions but now you have to use safeguard for sg4 purposes.

youve just reminded me celtic of the 3.5m i was sure it was 2.5m was the biggest but your right there was a 3.5.
what was the biggest ladder deck was it 2.5m they were a cant

it was 2.5m ladder deck but they got them 3m and 3.5m now a think they got a factory in the old dairy factory behind the offices producing anything they want as they got the copyright worldwide now from the geezer who previously owned it in sweden.

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

they were heavy the 2.5s cant imagine punting a 3.5 one fck that.

Is the Scottish Dairies away now feck me shows how long its been since i was over there.They seem to be picking up work by all accounts

turners have all the land happy they have a couple of manufacturing sheds there now,my brother in law works for them and few mates they are allways looking for bodies the macnallys are all away and old bill lyle too gallaghers retiring i hear also.

old bill was a good un,i remember his boy and then reading the story in the papers -you know what i mean.
I did meet tam stirling the record breaker in the goose one friday about 98,he was working as a removal man for buttons.He was nearly crying in his Beer about how he was treated by them.Im nearly crying now just thinking of it poor cant :eek:

old bills story was bit tragic yea,tam the bam as he was affectionately called by billy wilson had a great number in there by all accounts but wasted it,last seen in linwood being battered in a boozer for lip.the other record breaker was davie mcbride think hes still there after a 3week stint at gb.

billy wilson thats another blast from the past,he was a good yin apparently into the marine rigging and allsorts of stage work now

does the film and drama rigging uk wide has got a real good reputation in that field well got at the bbc(hope not for anything other that rigging) your right good guy.

Top Bottom