Wheres my Umbrella , its Raining

S

stleger

:mad:The AWR(agency workers regulation) states that temp or contract workers must be afforded the same rights,working hours and holiday allowances as regular employees after 12 weeks.

What does it mean for Umbrella Contractors?

Unfortunately, nobody really knows yet. As Umbrella Contractors are classed as Agency Workers they are directly in the firing line of AWR. Umbrella Companies are currently looking for a viable solution to the challenges presented by the new regulations. Some believe they can simply do nothing and continue to operate legally, others are adopting the Swedish Derogation Model, whereby they take their Contractors on as full employees to avoid the worst of the financial fallout. However, the Swedish Derogation Model has recently been derided by leading employment experts as "no miracle solution".

The agencys pass the buck to the umbrella companys , workers are classed as working for the umbrella company.
Now we have the umbrella companys manouvering and looking for ways for them to dodge the AWR.

Self employed workers , scaffolders , joiners , electricians , and on , should have the right to do their work as a LTD company or as a sole trader , there should be no umbrella company in place to let the agency dodge their responsibilitys.

Company dodges responsibility , agency dodges responsibility , umbrella company takes money from you for your wages while at the same time shafting you by dodging responsibility themselves.:cry::sad2::mad:

how does it work then im on an agency at the mo ive only done 2 weeks for far and 2 days previously few years ago what so after 3 months i am entiltled to holiday/sick pay etc what do you start acruing days after 3 months

you will probably get Holiday Pay in your rate already,they dont tell you thats why your getting a better rate than fulltime P.A.Y.E.
THE UMBRELLA IS A SCAM THAT HAS TO BE ENDED AS YOU HAVE NO REAL RIGHTS,HAVE TO PAY SOME CUUNT FOR THE PLEASURE OF RECEIVING YOUR WAGES THAT YOU HAVE WORKED FOR.
YOU COULDNT REALLY MAKE IT UP COULD YOU:mad:

One company i do work for paid me thru umbrella,day rate was divided into hours holiday pay not included. Who pays self employed men holiday pay? The weeklly statement indicates your contribution to holiday pay in one column as a deduction????? then added back in to the total after deductions,ie tax and handling fee, go figure. About time something was done about employers passing the buck on their responsibilities.

Top Bottom